Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things I'll need for my TM3...Baby Spare anyone ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know for certain but my guess is Tesla would rather have you tow the car than put a smaller wheel on. Most people are going with compressor/patch kits.

If you definitely want to carry a spare, a full-size would be the way to go. But I'm not sure if it would actually fit in the under-trunk storage...but that question must have been asked and answered on here at some point.

Another option: 2017-2018 Tesla Model 3 Complete Kit - Modern Spare
Pretty cool that they make 81mph rated donuts now.
A spare definitely won’t fit in the frunk with the liner in place. Maybe if the liner was removed and the tire was deflated it could be shoehorned in.
I think you could mount a spare under the rear deck in the trunk.
I like your find. One question:
1. Will this work with the 19" sport wheels? (I don't see why not for temp use, rotors and brakes are the same size as with 18" aeros)

Probably not. Though it only has to fit either the front or the back since you can always rotate a larger stock wheel if you get a flat on an axle with larger clearance requirements. Hope that made sense. haha
Good point. I'm watching threads to see what is figured out for a performance upgrade spare. I will carry an inflator, plug kit, etc. on our upcoming road trip but wouldn't mind having a spare.