Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things to consider with a wrapped car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny. I don’t care enough about my cars to bother wrapping them. But I do care enough to never ever consider a car wash, touch less or otherwise. I won’t use a power leash on them either.

I wrapped both of mine. The wraps self heal to a certain degree if scratched, so car washes touchless or otherwise are ok. That said, it's so easy to wash with the wrap and ceramic coating that I just wash them myself. You can either do the traditional hose/foam/hose/dry or a hot soapy water bucket "apply and lift" method.

That’s part of the benefits package of wrap. Run it through.

It’s supposed to stand up to scrubbing from keys and metal scouring pads.
Not recommended running through.. as the harsher detergents during the presoak (high Allkaline) are bad for the ppf. It’s recommended to use neutral based soaps. Those that live in cold climates are also recommended to just rinse the salt (brine) / sand at a self car wash. Rather than running daily through automatic car wash, which one normally does in the winter months.

Not recommended running through.. as the harsher detergents during the presoak (high Allkaline) are bad for the ppf. It’s recommended to use neutral based soaps. Those that live in cold climates are also recommended to just rinse the salt (brine) / sand at a self car wash. Rather than running daily through automatic car wash, which one normally does in the winter months.

Ummm... I don't think it's normal to run through an automatic car wash every day in winter conditions. At least not for normal people. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: mxnym and Soey22
you treat it the same as paint if you want to keep it looking new and glossy, it does have self heal properties (if you went with high end xpel/suntek) but that doesnt mean its not prone to scratches or swirls over time. these guys telling you to run it through an automatic car wash have no idea what they are talking about.

• Informative
Reactions: jerseygirl18
Funny. I don’t care enough about my cars to bother wrapping them. But I do care enough to never ever consider a car wash, touch less or otherwise. I won’t use a power leash on them either.
Agree.
The way drivers damaged my previous vehicle panels will slowly to replaced and I'm not that worried. I spend more time looking after my home like washing the exterior. I haven't washed my M3 for a month.

Agree.
The way drivers damaged my previous vehicle panels will slowly to replaced and I'm not that worried. I spend more time looking after my home like washing the exterior. I haven't washed my M3 for a month.
You live in a nice climate less prone to daily elements. I would do the same living all year round warm weather. PPF and ceramic coating are meant to keep the car looking cleaner as from preventing rock chips and a just a rinse does wonders.

Yeah, that's not normal. Normal people avoid lines when possible! ;)
If you’re a monthly non normal person that washes you car daily through an automatic car wash in the winter...you get the privilege to skip the line with your pass . Coming from a Honda Pilot I enjoyed my daily unlimited car washes. Now I wash my 2019 Raven Mx Performance with Full Xpel Ultimate ppf in my driveway using my hot water pressure washer and foam cannon