Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things to consider with a wrapped car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X is fully wrapped ..except for the top glass. Are there any special considerations when having it go to a car wash??

I have a full wrap and a chrome delete, so my needs are much different. However, anything with with high pressure washes or heavy scrub or contact against an edge can peel or rip some wraps. I would talk to whoever did your wrap to see what they recommend. It can vary based on the skill or technique used and with what materials.

To be safe, I would stay away from any power jet or drive through car wash and only get it hand washed. Some drive through places will have hand wash options for a few extra dollars. I found a guy who will come to my house and do a full soft wash and detail for $40. I think that is very reasonable and always give him a little extra because he does a good job. But your location will obviously dictate on what you have available.

Reactions: jerseygirl18
I have a full wrap and a chrome delete, so my needs are much different. However, anything with with high pressure washes or heavy scrub or contact against an edge can peel or rip some wraps. I would talk to whoever did your wrap to see what they recommend. It can vary based on the skill or technique used and with what materials.

To be safe, I would stay away from any power jet or drive through car wash and only get it hand washed. Some drive through places will have hand wash options for a few extra dollars. I found a guy who will come to my house and do a full soft wash and detail for $40. I think that is very reasonable and always give him a little extra because he does a good job. But your location will obviously dictate on what you have available.

Sorry. I should have clarified. I have a full PPF wrap. Not vinyl. The chrome delete has vinyl in some places.

• Helpful
Reactions: jerseygirl18