Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things to do with a Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Things to do with your Roadster:

Park it yourself. Been to 2 places now where the Valet told me I could leave the car right in front of the door. a) he wanted to look at it and b) the restaurant/club has a policy of leaving the best cars right outside where everyone could see them. All those 2 buck Valet tips will go towards amortizing the Roadster purchase price.... :biggrin:

Park it yourself. Been to 2 places now where the Valet told me I could leave the car right in front of the door. a) he wanted to look at it and b) the restaurant/club has a policy of leaving the best cars right outside where everyone could see them. All those 2 buck Valet tips will go towards amortizing the Roadster purchase price.... :biggrin:

I'm not sure I'll mind ours being parked with the nice cars! Might be statistically less likely to be stolen or scratched if it's parked with a pack of other exotics. In NYC many parking garages I walk past seem to charge double for "exotics" (as if they'll actually drive it more carefully or something? Not sure).

I think it might also be fun to see the look of disappointment on the guys face when you actually put it in "valet mode" which I guess limits it to 5 mph or something. I'm sure there are plenty of horror stories from people who drive anything but Honda Civics and trust them to valets. We once had to run out and grab our manual transmission CR-V from a valet who was lurching it around the car park in shuddering eight inch spasms.

I went on a first date last night with a horse owner. She has three, and she's not very familiar with fast cars. I asked her if she wanted a ride, she was instantly fascinated, and when I punched it she said "Do it again!"

After about 10 times racing away from stop signs and signals she turned to me and said (between giggles) "it makes my tummy tingle!"

We have another date on Saturday. Grrr.

BTW, apparently good horses go for about the same as a Model S.

I live near a community college, and surprisingly it's only happened once, but having a rice rocket (*) pull up next to you is also really fun. Reality is such a harsh mistress for the young punks.

(*) I hope nobody is offended at this tem, but it does such a great job at succinctly describing an archetype - that includes VWs, BTW - that's quite prevalent around here and I don't know of another term that appropriately substitutes.

Love it SB...this is almost as good as "the rumbling block of inefficiency..." :biggrin::biggrin:

I live near a community college, and surprisingly it's only happened once, but having a rice rocket (*) pull up next to you is also really fun. Reality is such a harsh mistress for the young punks.(*) I hope nobody is offended at this tem, but it does such a great job at succinctly describing an archetype - that includes VWs, BTW - that's quite prevalent around here and I don't know of another term that appropriately substitutes.

I live near a community college, and ...

Anyone who doesn't know what he is talking about just needs to watch some of the "Fast and Furious" movie series for plenty of examples...
fast-and-furious.jpg

I live near a community college, and surprisingly it's only happened once, but having a rice rocket (*) pull up next to you is also really fun. Reality is such a harsh mistress for the young punks.

(*) I hope nobody is offended at this tem, but it does such a great job at succinctly describing an archetype - that includes VWs, BTW - that's quite prevalent around here and I don't know of another term that appropriately substitutes.
Wait, you're talking about a car? Ah, you lost me there. I've never heard anyone describe a car as a rice "rocket". In my experience this term is reserved for Japanese sportbikes (motorcycles). Those bikes are quite fast and if someone is reasonably talented will smoke a Roadster from a stoplight. Rice'd-out cars on the other hand are nearly always slow as the owners spend more time on cosmetics than mechanicals.