Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things We’d love to see FSD try-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Single lane country road (paved -- or not ;-) w/ no lines marked. How well / safely does the beta build take blind corners?
Will the vehicle keep, like sticky glue, hugging the right side of the road & not drift where opposing traffic may approach in a blind turn?

Single lane country road (paved -- or not ;-) w/ no lines marked. How well / safely does the beta build take blind corners?
Will the vehicle keep, like sticky glue, hugging the right side of the road & not drift where opposing traffic may approach in a blind turn?

There was one from North Carolina with unpaved, unmarked, rough and narrow country road. Did well. Unfortunately, I don’t think another vehicle came from the other direction.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
1) A two-lane into one lane merge in heavy traffic. Will the Tesla be polite and yield to every encroaching car? For Philly drivers, think of the Vine street westbound merge onto the Schuylkill expressway west.

2) Snow-covered roads where lane markings aren't clear and the roads are yet unplowed. In the northeast, sometimes the plows aren't dispatched until well after snow has accumulated.

Road debris and potholes. Until these two are addressed, the notion of robotaxis and true FSD remains a stretch.

A bit off topic... Truck tire carcasses are my personal pet peeve. It’s tough to take any highway road trip without encountering them. Personally, I’d like to see the practice of recapping truck tires banned since they clearly don’t know how to make them safe.