Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you didn't know about your Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
We have a thread like this for the Model S, but figured the X could use one too. As we all know, these cars are chock full of tech (probably too much of it in some opinions). There's a lot to discover... I'll start:

My wife informed me that the windshield wiper fluid actually comes out of the wipers! This was hard for me to wrap my head around at first, because seeing it in action you don't see a spray, just the wipers wiping, and suddenly there's moisture.

Still makes a mess on the top section of the glass at speed though.

What else?

• Informative
Reactions: David29
  • Rear AC automatically turns off unless there is an adult or large child in the middle of back row. When my 6 year old is in the middle row and the rear fan at maximum it only turns on while going around sharp corners. The rear AC is the vents on the pillars... the one on the center console is controlled with the front as with the S.
  • Your large wheel nuts are actually covers for the real wheel nuts, need to remove when installing snow chains
  • 12 volt outlet is active 24/7 (at least in my car) which is not the case in my S.
  • Rear hitch installation and uninstallation is tricky, please practice ahead of time.
  • In car phone charger has plastic rails that you should install if they weren't installed before delivery.
  • Front headrests automatically move with the seats.
  • Trunk shelf has two positions
  • At least some toll transponders (fasttrak flex for example) do work through the windshield.
  • If FWD get stuck... hold the physical button down or hup for several seconds to override (the button just behind the driver... reach in through the front row)
  • In the middle row the middle seat is narrower than the outer seats in 7 seat configuration.
  • In the middle row all 3 seats have tilt adjustment... the middle seat has it in front of the seat.

According to my service center, located on the flat ledge surface either side of the 3rd row seats is a covered port for an as yet unavailable cargo cover.

I was actually told this was discontinued.

• Rear AC automatically turns off unless there is an adult or large child in the middle of back row. When my 6 year old is in the middle row and the rear fan at maximum it only turns on while going around sharp corners. The rear AC is the vents on the pillars... the one on the center console is controlled with the front as with the S.

we actually spent time trying to figure this out today. We have a 6 seater with kids in car seats in the second row. Third row is folded down. Rear AC would not turn on. My youngest was soaked in sweat -_-.

Needs better control IMO

I was actually told this was discontinued.

we actually spent time trying to figure this out today. We have a 6 seater with kids in car seats in the second row. Third row is folded down. Rear AC would not turn on. My youngest was soaked in sweat -_-.

Needs better control IMO

You can set it to 'on' and not 'auto' to make sure that it will always be on.

The hood/frunk can be opened by anyone via the emergency access latch release. Security through obscurity.

20fDoBM.png