Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you didn't know about your Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know, for now my biggest problem is where do I keep my laptop when commuting to and from work. Wherever I keep it inside the car except the trunk/frunk it ends up sliding all over the place and is usually under the farthest away seat from where I first kept it.. #firstWorldAccelerationProblems
P.S: Do not keep your laptop on the seats, it may fly off unless wearing seatbelts.
I assume you are talking about laptop on its own and not in a bag, right? If so, you could put the rear trunk divider in the lower position and put a foam packing on one side to keep the laptop from sliding around.

There's a way to articulate the middle 2nd row seat all the way forward on the 7 seaters so it's in line with the outboard seats when they are articulated for 3rd row access.

This can only be done from the main screen on my car. With the outboard seats all the way forward and articulated for 3rd row access - 1 touch on the main screen to move the middle seat back followed by 1 touch to move it forward brings the middle all the way forward and articulates it so that it's fully in line with the outboard seats!!!

I've only seen the middle seat tilt forward slightly before and was wondering if it's even mechanically possible to move it as far forward as the outboard ones. Turns out it is!

Much more cargo room this way in the 7 seater, provided the 2nd row is not occupied !!!

Full disclosure: not sure if the latch warning will come up, as I haven't tried driving it like this.

I found that I first had to put the middle seat all the way back with the console button and only then would it move all the way forward. Once forward, the button on the bottom of the seat is inactive.
The car will drive with a warning on the center console but not on the dash (at least at driveway speeds).
1.jpg

Also, putting a side seat back with the button on the seat itself brings the middle seat back with it.
Maybe we’ll have a single Cargo Mode button for this soon.