Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you didn't know about your Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMHO: Avoid keeping the car key in your pocket. I learnt it the hard way today :)
We had a birthday party for our girls at a local horse ranch and I had to load and unload a lot of stuff and boy did I freak out myself and a bunch of folks helping me. It was a scene with various doors coming down on us with unintentional pressing of the buttons on the key fob in my pocket. No injuries or bumps, just some scared folks.
:D:D:D gaadi me bhoot hai:p:D

• Funny
Reactions: sukhi
It was a scene with various doors coming down on us with unintentional pressing of the buttons on the key fob in my pocket.
I'm suspicious of this "door coming down" thing. I have it as well, especially with the liftgate. It's happened at least 4-5 times. In over two years and 35k miles on the Model S, how many times did it happen? 0. So I'm just not convinced it's "pocket fobbing". My only other hypothesis is that it has something to do with "walk away" locking or similar. Proximity related, anyway. I wish I had a better feel for it. I just know that it's annoying.

I'm suspicious of this "door coming down" thing. I have it as well, especially with the liftgate. It's happened at least 4-5 times. In over two years and 35k miles on the Model S, how many times did it happen? 0. So I'm just not convinced it's "pocket fobbing". My only other hypothesis is that it has something to do with "walk away" locking or similar. Proximity related, anyway. I wish I had a better feel for it. I just know that it's annoying.

You could be right. I am going to observe it more closely.

I just tested this as this was just too intriguing. Walk away door lock doesn't happen if you have other doors open. However, pressing the top of the key fob does close all doors.
So @sukhi - maybe you are wearing too tight pants "tang patloon lol".

@xkwizit, so are we saying that one needs to skip skinny jeans in favor of "papa jeans" to drive MX :) Did not realize I would need to lower my fashion standards to enjoy my our MX safely :)

(seriously funny comment though :)

The space in front of the two adjustable cupholders inside the center console can accommodate a cube-style kleenex box, but only if the kleenex box is turned on its side (i.e. hole facing towards rear of car). It's a little too tight to accommodate a box upright.

Reactions: VerityZooms
The space in front of the two adjustable cupholders inside the center console can accommodate a cube-style kleenex box, but only if the kleenex box is turned on its side (i.e. hole facing towards rear of car). It's a little too tight to accommodate a box upright.
Hey! We do this, too. I removed one of the cup holders, so I just have one and the box of tissues. Perfect for back seat kids..

Reactions: commasign
@sukhi Naah..I wouldn't give up my skinny jeans either but yeah maybe hook the key to the belt loop o_O
However I would go with @ssq ...since your car has been doing other weird things like driving reverse in Drive...car pe jhadu maar..tabhi bhoot bhagega :p:p:p
I was just telling my wife about @sukhi 's story and LOL. It would be so awesome if we could open and close the front doors with the Tesla App and/or the key fob, and watch from a distance, just like those reality prank shows..
Guy walks by X drooling and admiring it... door opens by itself.... inviting him.. guy goes :eek: me?? and you?? really ?:rolleyes:.. guy approaches the X's door.... door closes.. guy goes :confused::(.. looks around to make sure nobody saw the rejeXion.. runs away. Bwahahahah.. I can do this all day!!

I was just telling my wife about @sukhi 's story and LOL. It would be so awesome if we could open and close the front doors with the Tesla App and/or the key fob, and watch from a distance, just like those reality prank shows..
Guy walks by X drooling and admiring it... door opens by itself.... inviting him.. guy goes :eek: me?? and you?? really ?:rolleyes:.. guy approaches the X's door.... door closes.. guy goes :confused::(.. looks around to make sure nobody saw the rejeXion.. runs away. Bwahahahah.. I can do this all day!!
I've actually done that with my DeLorean before. I have door launchers that allow me to open the doors with my remote but wot allow me to shut them unfortunately. But people freak out when I do that.

Reactions: ssq

@ohmman, I thought it a bit harder and on at least one occasion I am sure I did not have the key fob in pocket. In fact I did not have the key at all as it was in my wife's hand bag and I had to use the app to unlock the car to take out a box when the door came down on me.

@ohmman, I thought it a bit harder and on at least one occasion I am sure I did not have the key fob in pocket. In fact I did not have the key at all as it was in my wife's hand bag and I had to use the app to unlock the car to take out a box when the door came down on me.
I have a new hypothesis. The cars are Internet connected. They have access, theoretically, to this forum. They see what we're saying about them. And they want revenge.

It's the only possible explanation.

I have a new hypothesis. The cars are Internet connected. They have access, theoretically, to this forum. They see what we're saying about them. And they want revenge.

It's the only possible explanation.
You should kiss and hug your X every night so it won't act weird. Of course the risk is that you may become an eX and may have to spend your nights in the car too :D

So this is true for both S and X, when using TACC (or AutoSteer which inherently uses TACC), the accelerator pedal doesn't move. The car manages the energy to the wheels directly without using the accelerator pedal. However, the brake pedal does move when the car needs to engage the physical brakes. For the most part it e-brakes but when it needs to use the actual brakes you can see/feel the brake pedal move.