Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you didn't know about your Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, only joking, but if it does show up in a later release, Tesla owes me credit!
I have a proposal to add:-
If X_Location == California && Toll_Stealing_Sensor == Yes // insane Toll rates, gotta react - easter egg!
Animation mode = wave FWD and show $$$ falling off // https://i.imgur.com/V8NvXmm.gif , inspired by ssq's favorite dog on earth

Last edited:
I was driving home from a road trip and was about 65 miles away from home, with about 85 miles left in my battery. I put in my house address on the navigation. The screen warned me to drive below 55mph in order to make it home. I ended up putting it on Range Mode and the warning went away and drove 70mph and was able to get home with 15 miles remaining.

I previously wasn't aware that it would give me warnings, it was pretty cool.

When you release the accelerator to "coast" the brake lights turn on. It wasn't really something I put too much thought into until my recent trip to Lake Tahoe. While coasting downhill to keep some distance from the car in front, the constant brake lights would make the driver behind me #1 think I'm an amateur driver, #2 intentionally braking to have them back off, and #3 become thoroughly annoyed as it would make them keep moving to & from the brake pedal. One solution is setting low regenerative braking.

When you release the accelerator to "coast" the brake lights turn on. It wasn't really something I put too much thought into until my recent trip to Lake Tahoe. While coasting downhill to keep some distance from the car in front, the constant brake lights would make the driver behind me #1 think I'm an amateur driver, #2 intentionally braking to have them back off, and #3 become thoroughly annoyed as it would make them keep moving to & from the brake pedal. One solution is setting low regenerative braking.

I too am overly cognizant of how my brake light indication may be misconstrued by other drivers. There must be a better way to signal that the car is slowing without implying erratic brake pedal behavior. Perhaps using the rear camera and/or rear proximity sensors as additional inputs to brake light control may be beneficial without sacrificing power regeneration.

Reactions: VerityZooms
I too am overly cognizant of how my brake light indication may be misconstrued by other drivers. There must be a better way to signal that the car is slowing without implying erratic brake pedal behavior. Perhaps using the rear camera and/or rear proximity sensors as additional inputs to brake light control may be beneficial without sacrificing power regeneration.
NHTSA red tape, legality and liability will kill such innovation without a second thought. I am with you but just my 2 cents on dilemma with innovation..

Unfortunately the rear camera or the proximity sensor would not suffice and MX does not have any rear facing AP hardware.
I hope that would be part of the next generation AP.

Remotely as in you don't have to touch the car? You need PUP to open the front drivers door without touching. The fob will do the FWD, trunk and frunk to the latch position. There is no touchless opening for the front passenger door (yet).
yup without touching the car - its the only door you have to touch to open, and I wish I could open it for my passengers who can't seem to figure it out on their own :)

• Helpful
Reactions: VerityZooms
Team,

Is there a trick to enabling Auto park?

I tried many times today and I could enable auto park for parallel or vertical parking (between two cars) and I tried multiple locations. Auto park is enabled.
A couple of things come to mind:
1) How many miles do you have on the car? It won't enable AutoPark until you have at least several hundred miles -- needs to calibrate.
2) How close are you to the cars? You need to be closer than you would otherwise be so the sensors can "read" the cars and the gap.
3) You must have a car - gap - car for the AutoPark to detect a spot.