Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you didn't know about your Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 22" performance Pirellis are rated for nearly twice the treadwear of the 21" performance tires I had on my Model S. I'm at 20k miles now and it appears the tires will not need replacement until the 25k service interval.

Reactions: Diavel
Only when parked AND in a dark setting. I love the fog led "fangs" but they won't stay On when outside in daylight. Try it and let me know if thats not the case.
I just drove up and down my street in the daylight. In drive when i slide to parking they both illuminate and stay on. I will keep an eye out and see if it changes. They really need to add DRL button to the screen, silly its not on there lije the model S. You try as well and update if figure out anymore with these lights. I feel silly driving around in range mode with everything off the whole time I've owned it.

I just drove up and down my street in the daylight. In drive when i slide to parking they both illuminate and stay on. I will keep an eye out and see if it changes. They really need to add DRL button to the screen, silly its not on there lije the model S. You try as well and update if figure out anymore with these lights. I feel silly driving around in range mode with everything off the whole time I've owned it.
Encouraging but probably not the case for the rest of us over @ Model x daytime running lights
You need to start driving and then check if they stay on, there are delay functions added to the lights when they transition (its not an immediate On/Off). Does your Vehicle Settigns X-real-time icon also show lights on when driving around? That's the second best way to verify other than someone who can see the fog leds confirming the case.

Encouraging but probably not the case for the rest of us over @ Model x daytime running lights
You need to start driving and then check if they stay on, there are delay functions added to the lights when they transition (its not an immediate On/Off). Does your Vehicle Settigns X-real-time icon also show lights on when driving around? That's the second best way to verify other than someone who can see the fog leds confirming the case.
What firmware build are you running?

Had this happen few times also. Have been searching for cover that prevents accidental button pushes.
I was helping my brother in law install 2 read facing car seats (for their 8 month old twins) and I thought my X was possessed. Every couple of minutes the FWD doors would start to close. It was awful. Turns out my brother in law had the X key in his pocket and by moving in awkward positions trying to do the car seats he was pocket pressing the buttons on the key fob. We put the key fob in the front seat and all was good.

Latest, 7.1, took delivery last week
@ssq - just 7.1 is not good enough..check further by clicking the Tesla icon on your screen. It will show the full build more likely ending with .86. Usually the delivery build is a couple of releases old. They don't update it at the time of delivery it's what got loaded at the factory. And then couple of days later your car will catch up.

• Informative
Reactions: ssq
I took deliver 6/30 for a car that started building the previous week and the firmware was and still is .30 not yet .86

Checking every day to see I got upgraded as the new version is supposed to give me ability to force my FWD to open fully in my garage

I took deliver 6/30 for a car that started building the previous week and the firmware was and still is .30 not yet .86

Checking every day to see I got upgraded as the new version is supposed to give me ability to force my FWD to open fully in my garage
@Infinite - the car gets into the update queue after your DS marks it as delivered in their system. I haven't read anywhere what the algorithm is for updating delivered cars but seems like too long a time it is taking for your car. If you have a trip to the SC in the works, they would also automatically do the upgrade too. I don't understand why they don't update the firmware as part of the pre-delivery inspection.

@ssq - just 7.1 is not good enough..check further by clicking the Tesla icon on your screen. It will show the full build more likely ending with .86. Usually the delivery build is a couple of releases old. They don't update it at the time of delivery it's what got loaded at the factory. And then couple of days later your car will catch up.
I am on .78. I wonder if there is a way for me to force an upgrade?

I am on .78. I wonder if there is a way for me to force an upgrade?

I am not sure if this works all the time, or with both X's and S's...

If you just go to a Service Center, there is a geo-fence that will detect a Tesla, and start the download of any new car update. Shortly afterwards you will get a notice in the car saying a update is available to install.

Again, I am not sure if this works for all cars and all service centers and if a simple drive by works, or you need to be there for 5 minutes or longer.

I am not sure if this works all the time, or with both X's and S's...

If you just go to a Service Center, there is a geo-fence that will detect a Tesla, and start the download of any new car update. Shortly afterwards you will get a notice in the car saying a update is available to install.
Where did you get this information? I've had my car plenty of times at the SC without getting the latest update pushed. Now, while it's in service, they often trigger an update. But that's driven by the staff.

Where did you get this information? I've had my car plenty of times at the SC without getting the latest update pushed. Now, while it's in service, they often trigger an update. But that's driven by the staff.

Last week I went to the service center to have a issue looked at. They were having a staff meeting, so I told them I would go to lunch and come back in 45 minutes.

After lunch, I had a notice that a update was available to install.

At the service center, I mentioned about the update to my service adviser, thought maybe they pushed it to me to fix my issue. That is when she said they have a geo-fence to at the service center to push the latest update to cars when they are there.

Again, YMMV

(And we all know in the past many have received wrong or misleading information from someone at Tesla.)