Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeeps17

At that moment I was using both USB ports - 1 had the Sandisk slim 32gb USB flash drive in it (with my music library) and the other has a 500gb USB Hard drive attached - 2 separate music libraries (my S.O. is a huge music fan and has over 40,000 songs in our house music iMac - sourced for our Sonos system). All 40,000 tracks are on that hard drive with plenty of room for future music.

Aaron

I also have a large music collection that I can access via USB hard drive. However, the Seagate drive that I use has a short proprietary cable, so I end up unplugging it most of the time because I don't like leaving it exposed in the car. It also takes a while to re-index each time it is reconnected. I'm curious what Aaron, and others, have come up with for concealing items in the center console. Tesla is still working on some console inserts, right...?

Thanks - Jeff

I've learned this now twice (someone might want to verify)

If the car is locked, and charging. If you approach with the key in your pocket, the car unlocks BUT, if you try to pull the charger out it wont budge. You have to unlock the car with your fob before the charger releases.

Also, that "squeal" like a balloon, or weazing, only happens when the turn signal is on (NOTE: this is not the acceleration squeal).

Oh, have you learned this one. No matter how far you park away from the store, or how many empty spots are beside you, the biggest ugliest mini-van will decide to park next to you!

I didn't like having my USB stick being so visible and sticking right out where it might be broken if hit from the side. I got these USB left-angle items that makes the Stick flat against the side.

usb_left_angle.jpg

Got them from www.fasttech.com/product/1022101
It was $2.93 each with free shipping. They took about a 10 days to arrive.

If the car is locked, and charging. If you approach with the key in your pocket, the car unlocks BUT, if you try to pull the charger out it wont budge. You have to unlock the car with your fob before the charger releases.

Oh, have you learned this one. No matter how far you park away from the store, or how many empty spots are beside you, the biggest ugliest mini-van will decide to park next to you!

1. I dont think this is correct: As long as the car unlocks, a push of the button on the UMC releases it .... no need to use the FOB
2. Absolutely correct. So puzzling to me that these clowns find a nice ride clearly "out of the way" to park next to. UNBELIEVABLE!

1. I dont think this is correct: As long as the car unlocks, a push of the button on the UMC releases it .... no need to use the FOB
2. Absolutely correct. So puzzling to me that these clowns find a nice ride clearly "out of the way" to park next to. UNBELIEVABLE!

Agreed. Once the car auto-unlocks, a simple press of the UMC button disengages the wand. A gentle pull and you're home free!

I've not had this experience. As long as the car actually did auto-unlock and extend handles, you just push the button and pull it out. If you wait too long it re-locks, though.

Can you point out where you have your toll pass? I cannot see anything but the red battery post.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't like having my USB stick being so visible and sticking right out where it might be broken if hit from the side. I got these USB left-angle items that makes the Stick flat against the side.

View attachment 17765

Got them from www.fasttech.com/product/1022101
It was $2.93 each with free shipping. They took about a 10 days to arrive.

Very nice and thanks for the post!!!

I really hope I'm not the only one that looks at these things, then lovingly recalls the days or yore, where 16k wouldn't even fit onto something the size of a couple of a couple of cigarette packets. I doubt this will mean much to American viewers, but I still remember my trusty ZX81, with 1k on-board, and a wobbly 16k rampack, which was fine, unless you moved.

zx81.jpg

Sorry for the OT post...

I applied the adhesive part of the toll tag on the medial, interior aspect of the removable nose cone cover. B/c the toll tag is taller than the nose cone cover, I didn't remove the entire adhesive backing from the toll tag; I left about 1/3 of the adhesive backing on the toll tag. If it doesn't work, I'll just take it off and apply on the windshield.

I need to go test it out sometime.