Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking about this:
71g7Kad81iL._AA1500_.jpg

Amazon.com: Lexar microSDXC 300x 64GB UHS-I Flash Memory Card LSDMI64GBBNL300R: Electronics

for storing music. Really small microSDXC card reader. You can get 64GB cards and have almost the same form factor as those 32GB Sandisk USB sticks. Not to mention you can easily store microSD cards .... anywhere because they are so stupidly small.

I applied the adhesive part of the toll tag on the medial, interior aspect of the removable nose cone cover. B/c the toll tag is taller than the nose cone cover, I didn't remove the entire adhesive backing from the toll tag; I left about 1/3 of the adhesive backing on the toll tag. If it doesn't work, I'll just take it off and apply on the windshield.

I need to go test it out sometime.
What is that in lay terms? Sounds like MD talk to me :)

I tried a 64 GB microSDXC card in a USB adapter. My computer read it fine, but the Tesla could not. I suspect it's the exFAT file system.

I was thinking about this:
View attachment 17819
Amazon.com: Lexar microSDXC 300x 64GB UHS-I Flash Memory Card LSDMI64GBBNL300R: Electronics

for storing music. Really small microSDXC card reader. You can get 64GB cards and have almost the same form factor as those 32GB Sandisk USB sticks. Not to mention you can easily store microSD cards .... anywhere because they are so stupidly small.

sent via Tapatalk

I applied the adhesive part of the toll tag on the medial, interior aspect of the removable nose cone cover. B/c the toll tag is taller than the nose cone cover, I didn't remove the entire adhesive backing from the toll tag; I left about 1/3 of the adhesive backing on the toll tag. If it doesn't work, I'll just take it off and apply on the windshield.

If I understand correctly, you've stashed an interior, windshield mount toll tag behind the nose cover. How "weather resistant" is this area and/or how rugged are those toll tags? I've had trouble finding a good interior mount point for my EZ-Pass and was considering switching to an exterior mount. However, I've read elsewhere that there is yet another monthly charge for the privilege of this service :-/

I found out recently the best way to heat your cabin (when you forget you have that decadent phone app) is simply push the front de-frost button. It works better than turning the temperature to high, at least for me. Not to mention you get to keep all your HVAC settings when you turn if off.

I found out recently the best way to heat your cabin (when you forget you have that decadent phone app) is simply push the front de-frost button. It works better than turning the temperature to high, at least for me. Not to mention you get to keep all your HVAC settings when you turn if off.
Except for the fan speed, which snaps back to lame, or rather "auto".

Maybe this is common knowledge, but it was new to me:

Pushing partially up/down on the turn signal stalk blinks the blinker 3 times. Handy for signaling lane changes.

(seriously, is this standard?... I'm going to be sad if I've been missing such a handy feature for all of these years)

Pushing partially up/down on the turn signal stalk blinks the blinker 3 times. Handy for signaling lane changes.

(seriously, is this standard?... I'm going to be sad if I've been missing such a handy feature for all of these years)

Standard on many cars nowadays. AFAIK this was developed by BMW but can now we found in many different car types.

I really hope I'm not the only one that looks at these things, then lovingly recalls the days or yore, where 16k wouldn't even fit onto something the size of a couple of a couple of cigarette packets. I doubt this will mean much to American viewers, but I still remember my trusty ZX81, with 1k on-board, and a wobbly 16k rampack, which was fine, unless you moved.

View attachment 17782

Sorry for the OT post...
My first computer! It had no on/off switch. Ah, the stories I could tell....

- - - Updated - - -

Standard on many cars nowadays. AFAIK this was developed by BMW but can now we found in many different car types.

One of my favorite little things about my (now former) 5. Something I missed about it with the S until I accidentally discovered it myself a couple of weeks back.

I wonder what a comprehensive manual for the model S would look like....

It's standard on the Model S and many other cars. However, I've found you have to push quite hard on the stalk to engage the three blinks.

and you have to do it quickly. If you hesitate letting the stalk go, it will give you one blink.

If you just tap it up, you get three blinks like on my Audi. If you hold it a bit, it will blink until you let go (which in your case was one blink - just slightly too long for the automatic three). I don't think the Audi works that way, you seem to get three blinks regardless. Discovered this during a long highway drive in my new S yesterday, it was confusing me at first.

I was skeptical at first. Amazon has these for $18 (Prime eligible) and they really are a PERFECT fit for the back seat (2nd row) - they even go up just the right amount on the sides... This is a no-brainer if you have kids.

I got one of those and it does fit well. Also bought for $9 what is labeled as a Kraco front mat but is actually a rear one, for the jump seat footwell that I didn't have dimensions for. It's way too small but I may just get another to put next to it.

Last edited:
I learned 2 things in 2 days or one new thing each day. 1) The navigation display on the left of the speedo zooms in/out based on your speed. It's fairly dramatic when when overtaking to see that zoom waaaay out ;-) 2) There is hidden rear hatch release installed in the trunk area for cars with the rear-facing seat option.

does anyone know if there is a way to have the Nav continue to display (left of the speedo) showing current location, even when you are not actively "navigating" to a specific locaiton? I really like the topo view and would just assume have it continue to show continuously rather than revert to a blank screen when you do not have an address entered.