Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is simple, it tells you the minimum charge you need. Take more if you need it. If you're making a multi point trip, then enter all those points. Oh wait, you can't do that.

What? That doesn't make any sense in this context. We're talking about the system's inability at predicting the battery-level at the end of a round-trip trip that involves Supercharging stops.

What? That doesn't make any sense in this context. We're talking about the system's inability at predicting the battery-level at the end of a round-trip trip that involves Supercharging stops.

Makes perfect sense. Plot a trip without supercharger stops. Check roundtrip estimate. OK. Plot a trip that goes through 1 supercharger. Can you make it back to that supercharger or any other supercharger back towards this direction (and therefor to the starting point?). Well, the car won't tell you.

Reactions: newtman
Makes perfect sense. Plot a trip without supercharger stops. Check roundtrip estimate. OK. Plot a trip that goes through 1 supercharger. Can you make it back to that supercharger or any other supercharger back towards this direction (and therefor to the starting point?). Well, the car won't tell you.
Exactly... it doesn't seem like this would be too difficult to program!

They should just drop the trip planner and implement multiple destinations. I can figure out and enter the superchargers to stop at - then the car should tell me how long to charge at each one and what my battery level will look like along the trip (including on the return trip).

No. If you route a trip through a Supercharger, it will give you minimum charge required to make it to the next stop (Supercharger or destination). So, of course, you won't have enough to make it back because if you only take the minimum charge presented, you will get there with (close to) 0 miles remaining. If you are planning to charge more, then how would the trip planner read your mind beforehand?

If there is any mid-point charging involved, all predictions will have to be recalculated while/after charging. so, it makes sense to not be able to make any predictions before that charging stop.

Not sure if this Easter Egg has been posted previously (I searched). If you bring up the About Screen (tap the Tesla logo), then hold down on model ##'s for about 7 seconds, you'll see your MS scurry off, replaced with the Tesla Motors Team photo.

View attachment 28477

Tried this on my Model X but no joy. Holding a finger on the middle of “Model X” or the model number does result in a light wave pulse after about 7 seconds but then nothing happens. The “buttons” are still functional but just not attached to anything. Too bad, I would like to be able to see the folks that made my car.

Tried this on my Model X but no joy. Holding a finger on the middle of “Model X” or the model number does result in a light wave pulse after about 7 seconds but then nothing happens. The “buttons” are still functional but just not attached to anything. Too bad, I would like to be able to see the folks that made my car.

Same here. Tried it on my 1 year old S and all I got was the pulse.

Others?

Things don't always appear to disappear. You'll have to dig deeper. <grin>

Ok, tried holding down the P90D and after about 7 seconds the car moved left and a picture of the Tesla gang was shown. This was on firmware 2.17.37

Just curious but the picture I get (attached) shows a car with the same color and wheels as my S. Does the picture in others' cars mimic the color and wheels of their cars?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    648.4 KB · Views: 122