Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I discovered, by accident, that if you plug the pump into the cigarette lighter socket (aka "power socket") of the Model S, it will immediately blow the 15A fuse.
Moral: don't plug a portable air pump into your Tesla power socket.

WTF? How are we supposed to work around this?

Update: I see Robert.Boston's comment. I'll go look at my Slime kit. I hope it says on the box.

Reminds me of my first day with the car. I pulled up in my driveway to let my wife in the passenger side, and i couldnt figure out how to get the door handles to extend to let her in. Eventually i just leaned over and hit the interior handle on her door. Made for a good laugh later.
You could always be a gentleman - walk around and open her door. Maybe the car wanted you to do that. ;)

A few more tips, sorry if they are repeats but I don't see it in the first consolidated post.

1. If frunk will pop ajar but latch closer to front of car will not release, you need to reach under the frunk cover to the left of the latch and press down on lever to open frunk. See details and pic at My frunk won't open and how Ownership helped me...

2. There are actually 2 slots in the glove compartment for the 110v and J1772 adapters. One each on deep left and deep right

3. US MS cars do not get data access in Canada so the mobile app does not work there. Don't lock your keys in the car :)

When my windshield got splashed, I instinctively pushed down gently on the right lever (which is how my Audi does a single wipe of the windshield). What I found is that this shifts the car into neutral. Maybe I was supposed to know that, but I hadn't read it anywhere.

I learned that today as well. I fully expected that pushing the stalk up would put me in Neutral, but I was surprised that pushing it down (i.e., toward Drive, which I was already in), would do the same. Note: I also repeatedly turn on the wipers in my BMW when I mean to put it into Reverse.