Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all 4 windows open and the roof open to the 80% position, the rear center seat belt vibrates in the wind. If I raise the rear driver side window, it changes the airflow and eliminates the vibration.

Found another simpler solution - slide the seat belt fastener from the bottom (by the seat) all of the way to the top of the belt, where it should stay. This seems to eliminate the vibration - at least so far... Another option could be to always have that seat belt fastened - but I was trying avoid that.

I also encountered this problem. I use the keep seatbelts buckled method. Seems to work flawlessly and at all speeds.

With all 4 windows open and the roof open to the 80% position, the rear center seat belt vibrates in the wind. If I raise the rear driver side window, it changes the airflow and eliminates the vibration.

Found another simpler solution - slide the seat belt fastener from the bottom (by the seat) all of the way to the top of the belt, where it should stay. This seems to eliminate the vibration - at least so far... Another option could be to always have that seat belt fastened - but I was trying avoid that.

I noticed the same problem, and was very annoyed by the sound! I tried fastening the seat belt, but that did not solve the problem. I'll try your other solution, sliding the seat belt fastener all the way to the top. Thanks for the suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

I also encountered this problem. I use the keep seatbelts buckled method. Seems to work flawlessly and at all speeds.

This did not work for me...It still vibrated quite loudly.

What I did was create a favorites folder in dropbox which I can then access via the web. I can then pull up photos of family, friends, pets, mistresses, etc and blow them up to full screen as a custom screen saver that you can rotate through. Nice alternative.

To avoid having to login to Dropbox each time, I had to resort to using a shared folder in Dropbox and saving that link as a favorite. And even then, there is no slideshow feature that I could find. How did you do it??

To avoid having to login to Dropbox each time, I had to resort to using a shared folder in Dropbox and saving that link as a favorite. And even then, there is no slideshow feature that I could find. How did you do it??[/QUOTE
I did the same thing you did. At the bottom of the screen you should see arrows pointing left & right. Just tap on them to advance through the pics in your folder...not a formal slide show, but does the trick.

I did the same thing you did. At the bottom of the screen you should see arrows pointing left & right. Just tap on them to advance through the pics in your folder...not a formal slide show, but does the trick.

Oh. I thought you meant an automatic slideshow. FYI -- You don't need to tap the arrows. Just tap the left and right edges of the photo and it will advance.

More observations

1. Radio volume self lowers if the volume is greater than 3 and the door is opened. Volume goes back up when the door is shut.

2. Car will display in the dash that the brake and accelerator are depressed simultaneously if your foot is pushing on both of them.

3. Interior map/reading lights will turn off when the car locks even if you turn them on manually. In my old car, leaving the map light on may leave me a dead battery the next morning.

If you have your phone connected via Bluetooth and use the Voice Command to say "Call..." it will only search for a contact in your phone. However, if you're looking to call a business, restaurant, etc, use the Voice Command and say "Navigate to..." and when it finds the business, it also displays the phone number. Then, you can just hit the phone number to call it, and don't have to navigate to it if you don't need to. Seems kind of obvious, but just wanted to mention it...Sometime the obvious things are too obvious :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also...If you have passengers in the car and need to hop out to run into a store, for example...Leave the key/fob in the car, and gently half-close the driver's side door until you hear a light click...That will still leave the radio and climate control on for your passengers, so they aren't left sitting in a cold/hot, quiet car like a bunch of losers...Although, they are still sitting in a Model S, so they're not losing that much ;)

Last edited:
If you have your phone connected via Bluetooth and use the Voice Command to say "Call..." it will only search for a contact in your phone. However, if you're looking to call a business, restaurant, etc, use the Voice Command and say "Navigate to..." and when it finds the business, it also displays the phone number. Then, you can just hit the phone number to call it, and don't have to navigate to it if you don't need to. Seems kind of obvious, but just wanted to mention it...Sometime the obvious things are too obvious :)
Not obvious at all... that's a great trick. Had not thought of that. (Should be noted that this only applies to vehicles with Tech Package.)

Also...If you have passengers in the car and need to hop out to run into a store, for example...Leave the key/fob in the car, and gently half-close the driver's side door until you hear a light click...That will still leave the radio and climate control on for your passengers, so they aren't left sitting in a cold/hot, quiet car like a bunch of losers...Although, they are still sitting in a Model S, so they're not losing that much ;)
Also a good one... drive me crazy there isn't (or wasn't) an obvious way to do this.

Nice additions. Will try to add them to the topmost post in this thread when I get a chance.

Not obvious at all... that's a great trick. Had not thought of that. (Should be noted that this only applies to vehicles with Tech Package.)

This actually does work for non-tech cars as well. When I ask my non-tech car to navigate to starbucks, it will show me all the starbucks in the area and asks if I want to call the nearest one. However, it will not give me directions :)

Actually, that's covered in the FAQ: 5.4 Can I leave my car on while I'm not in it?

If you need to leave your car on while you're not inside the car (assuming you understand the risk of leaving your car 'running' while not attended), you can do this by putting the car in neutral then setting the parking brake via the center console.

Actually, that's covered in the FAQ: 5.4 Can I leave my car on while I'm not in it?
<br><br>
If you need to leave your car on while you're not inside the car (assuming you understand the risk of leaving your car 'running' while not attended), you can do this by putting the car in neutral then setting the parking brake via the center console.

OK, but I think the way I posted about is quicker, easier and more practical for when the driver is jumping out and there are passengers in the car.

Heya Aaron, is that holder trim-able at the bottom? Could it be trimmed to fit low enough to close the armrest? That would be ideal in my opinion.

I found exactly what you are looking for. Once you remove the bottom of this coin holder, the arm rest will slide over it to conceal the coins.
31jmb2H5EaL.jpg

Bell 22-1-09707-8P8 Retrofit Coin Holder : Amazon.com : Automotive

Have you been using this? It got some awful reviews on Amazon.

Yes, I have. I can upload a picture later. I can't speak to the complaints about the springs failing over time. I'm not sure what kind of life expectancy the reviewers were expecting for a cheap piece of plastic. As for the complaints about the bottom falling off... well, that's how you get it to fit so perfectly. I initially bought it, without realizing the bottom came off. Whenever I would valet the car, I would move it to the glove box. One time it got stuck, and as I removed it, the bottom came off, and voila - then it was the right size. I've had it for a couple weeks, and so far the coins still come out. I imagine that if they get stuck, I'll crush it with a hammer and buy a new one. The only con: no slot for pennies.

I don't know if this has been posted already but I have been opening the sunroof more lately as the weather improves and found a bit of a shortcut to closing and opening the pano roof.

Using the steering wheel scroll wheel click to bring up the quick set options. Select sunroof and when the percent option pops up just click the scroll wheel again. This automatically opens the pano to the vent position. In addition, closing the roof from any previously open position requires a single click of the scroll wheel when you navigate to it from the quick set options on the dash.

I have found this to be very helpful and prevents me from having to continuously scroll the wheel to close the roof from the open position (80 - 100%) which can be a pain.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

The wiper stalk will do a single swipe by pushing the end in, like a button. Light and short for wipe, and long for wipe and wash.
I can't seem to get that to work. Always have to push until the washer fluid squirts out. Then I get one wipe and a 2nd wipe about 2 seconds later ( unlike the 3 back to back wipes on the BMW) I have version 4.3 so I don't if that changed from 4.2.

I can't seem to get that to work. Always have to push until the washer fluid squirts out. Then I get one wipe and a 2nd wipe about 2 seconds later ( unlike the 3 back to back wipes on the BMW) I have version 4.3 so I don't if that changed from 4.2.

Took some getting used to it for me, but basically you push it in until just before the point where you would get a spray. Hold it there for about 2 seconds (that's what always threw me because I figured nothing was happening -- 2 seconds is a long time for user input), and it should swipe.