Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Think I’m gonna buy a Taycan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What software issues have you had? I had one update for charging but I hadn't noticed that anything negative was happening. I took it to the dealer and they did the update in about 30 mins and I was on my way.

I did a bit over 300 miles on a trip last week, found a 350kw charger in Edison NJ at EA and I have to check the logs and see what my SOC was and how long I charged for. I think the app will tell me under charging history but it was a fast charge.
there were 3 major updates that required the car to visit the shop for sometimes days at a time, the first one fixed the problem with the 12v battery being drained, the second addresses the random loss of propulsion some people had and sparked an national recall from NHTSA and the third addresses the charging issues.
you should visit the nhtsa.gov site and make sure that your dealership addressed the recall issues before delivery.

one good experience at one specific charger is great for you but the reality is that depending on the EA network for dependable, reliable charging is a fools mission.

I have had many fail to charge incidents, recently I could not get a charge on two different EA locations in South Carolina which turned a 4 hour trip into a 10 hour trip. for the return ride I had to put my wife on a plane and me and the car on the autotrain to avoid such charging failures on my return trip to florida.

then there are the minor glitches that on their own wouldn't amount to much but when they stack up it just points to a very buggy tech package.

as for the more serious software issues I have had the worst is the message driver must assume control of the vehicle which is sometimes accompanied by a hard braking. the issue is that I have all the driver assist features turned off. this morning I abruptly went from 80+ mph to under 60+ before I got the car to resume normal functions.

another major issue is one that porsche baked into the car, they sold me an option for a 19.2kw onboard charger which they have discontinued because it causes conflicts that doesn't allow the cars with that unit installed to be able to plug and charge, I have to key in via an app in order to initiate charging at an EA unit, which only has about 50% success rate of working properly.
porsche hasn't offered to refund the cost of the option which doesn't work and causes issues.

the bottom line is that the taycan looks great, drives great but it's charging is not reliable and the tech systems are just not ready for prime time.

If the government hands over 7 billion to Tesla they're gonna have to accept it to open on the network. Additionally, they'll make great revenue selling Tesla certified Tesla to CCS adapters.
I could give a rats ass about what could happen I bought a car today, advertised to be able to be driven anywhere fueled by a high speed charging network. that just isn't what was delivered.

porsche could be charged with a bait and switch scam for what they are doing.

@mk77 I was just pointing out the Tesla item. I don't charge away from home much at all and didn't wiht the Tesla really and I had free supercharging. I'd like to cash in on some of the Porsche free charging time but realistically probably won't.

If you're unhappy you should consider selling it in this crazy market because I know some people that are waiting six months to get their's so perhaps you'd get all the money back.

@mk77 I was just pointing out the Tesla item. I don't charge away from home much at all and didn't wiht the Tesla really and I had free supercharging. I'd like to cash in on some of the Porsche free charging time but realistically probably won't.

If you're unhappy you should consider selling it in this crazy market because I know some people that are waiting six months to get their's so perhaps you'd get all the money back.
1. the car is a lease
2. what would I drive is the car market is so crazy?
3. it isn't about happiness, it is about a car that is quite costly and is not performing properly, in fact it is failing in many different ways.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
1. the car is a lease
2. what would I drive is the car market is so crazy?
3. it isn't about happiness, it is about a car that is quite costly and is not performing properly, in fact it is failing in many different ways.
1 Get your payoff amount from your PFS account and do some research. You may not be as bad off as you think. I terminated two leases very early this year without getting hurt.
2. What you drive? Something you like. Why live with this disappointment the disappointment you feel wrt the Taycan.
3. It is about happiness you are not enjoying the product that you purchased. The charging infrastructure for EA isn't getting solved anytime soon. The other issues you can try and hold Porsche accountable for but I would want it to be a protracted situation. Even if they remedy the issues you are having would the car meet your expectations?