Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Think I'll have an issue with this steep driveway?

Do you think I'll scrape?

• Yes

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my M3 gets here, one of the first road trips I take will be to visit my parents. This is the driveway at their house. I always remember it being steep, but from this Google maps view, it doesn't look too bad. Maybe a 30° angle or so??

Think I'll have any problem with the M3 scraping when coming up/down this driveway?

yduAacR.jpg

Looks less severe than my driveway and I don't have any issues, though I do come in at a bit of an angle. We had a prius that would scrape, but the Model 3's shorter overhangs give a better approach angle.

Reactions: Mdoss
Thanks for all the replies.

Excuse my poor drawing, but I think if I approach at about a 45° angle to get over the initial incline, it should be fine.

q8fA3mA.jpg

But then again there's that word should.!! Would hate to find out the hard way.

I can't just park on the curb, because it is at the top of a steep hill, and it is a blind crest and cars fly up that hill, so that could be even worse!

I may just have them meet me somewhere for lunch/dinner.. :) Thanks again for the replies.

We people in the South don’t worry about such things as snow and ice.. This type of driveway is very common in Atlanta and other southern cities that are very hilly. Many driveways are worse than the OP’s.

Well that is just poor design. South or not, I'd never build a house with a driveway like that. Here in snow and ice country, I see steep driveways that are a solid NOPE in winter weather, what were these house builders thinking, knowing we get snow and ice? I know what they were thinking. Build the house and get their check, with no thoughts of who is going to have to live with this driveway for years.

Well that is just poor design. South or not, I'd never build a house with a driveway like that. Here in snow and ice country, I see steep driveways that are a solid NOPE in winter weather, what were these house builders thinking, knowing we get snow and ice? I know what they were thinking. Build the house and get their check, with no thoughts of who is going to have to live with this driveway for years.

They are a problem here as well. No real way around it though on many of the lots. Atlanta, at least, is a shockingly bad city to build in because of the hills. Most people are willing trade parking in the street once every 2 or 3 years for location.

Reactions: Mdoss