Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Think it’s totaled?

Totaled?

• Yes, total loss.

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Repairable.

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a better pic of the crush member. Pic is shamelessly taken from the M3 cooling thread. Below you can see the two sectioned crush bars which are bolted in and replaceable. Iirc everything forward of the bars is replaceable.

img_20200831_224040-1-jpg.621631
Thank you!

Yeah I had a car accident in a rain storm July of 2006. Adjuster said $7,200 in damages. 5 months and $18,000 later they declared it a total loss. The insurance company spent 18k trying to repair then had to turn around and pay me 35k for the total loss.

That was a nightmare to deal with. There was underbody damage and they kept finding more and more things wrong.
Yeah it seems that’s the basis. I don’t believe there to be any underbody damage because this all happened in one area but then again you never know, especially with the car being all electronic. I’d prefer for them to just list it as total loss so I don’t have to go through the long wait times that I’ve hear everyone else did. The suspension damage was pretty bad, there multiple snapped components. I’ll try to send a vid.