Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about buying spacers to enable me to mount 21” MS Turbine wheels on Model Y, thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought my wife a ‘22 MY LR w/ 19” Gemini Wheels. I was hoping to find a deal on a used MYP but the ‘22 MY that I found was pretty good deal. It only had 168 miles, blue/white for $64.4k. I was also in a hurry to buy because my wife’s ‘08 MDX was dying.

Anyhoo, I have a spare set of staggered 21” Turbine Wheels from my MS that would like to mount on her MY. I am thinking about buying some 15-20mm wheel spacers to change the bolt pattern from 5x114.3 to 5x120. Custom spacers will cost around $200.

But what about the ride quality? I have a plan.

Her MY tires are currently inflated to 38psi. She has not complained about the ride quality. I guess coming from an MDX got her used to a less cushy ride. I plan to inflate the tires to the recommended 42-45 psi, so that she gets used to “ride”. And when I finally mount the 21’s, I plan to inflate them only to 40 psi. Also, when it’s time for new tires, I’d buy some tires with taller side walls: 255/40/21 & 275/40/21.

What do you guys/gals think? This way I get ”upgrade” my wife’s car using wheels that I already have for only $200.