Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about getting rid of my MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really haven't had my car for that long and im thinking about trading it in at a local dealer because they have a 2015 BMW M5 and i always wanted an M5 i haven't test drove it but when i saw it i was..... Literally fan guying because the M5 used to be the car that i would always say i was going to buy but then Tesla came out with the MS and then the P85D and changed my mind and just went with the Tesla (For some odd reason i went with the Tesla ooh because no gas) but i have one question also has anybody test drove a M5 yet and if you have how does it compare to the MS by like handling,performance,build quality,etc.... I really don't know what to do im confused everybody in the family says not too but im just not fully sure what im going to do yet
cursing.gif

Longest sentence ever. :tongue:

P85Beast, at the end of the day, you need to be happy. Since you are in Charlotte, I would suggest coming our Tesla Talk lunch on October 2nd (at the Supercharger) or our Teslic Picnic on Otcober 3rd (see Tesla Picnic for all Owners, Enthusiasts, and Reservation-holders). Check out the other cars, speak with other local owners, and then make your decision. If you've read my thread, I was very frustrated with my car. Had Tesla offered to buy it back from me, I may have taken them up on it. The support of the other owners and enthusiasts kept me going and driving my car again for the past week has really helped.

I would be sad to see one less Model S around town, but again, at the end of the day, you need to be happy.

You should test drive the M5. You'll soon remember why you got the Model S. Latency in power delivery, gear changes, etc..

If you're looking for fun in a car, I would suggest not to sell your Model S and buy an older, light, naturally aspirated V8. You'll get an exciting soundtrack, quick response and good handling. Current-gen cars are turbocharged. BMW is playing fake engine noise from the speakers! I needed four doors and got a C63 edition 507 wagon, so that I can drive a real car from time to time. Just starting it up makes me giggle. If you only need two doors, then there are many exciting options.

@P85Beast
Regarding Autopilot: According to my local Tesla DS, a new software version will be pushed in 2-3 weeks which includes the parallel parking and lane-keeping features, he also mentioned that the rest of AP features will be activated before the end of the year.

Yeah ive had a lot of people interested in this car especially for the way the vehicle has been taken care of its washed and waxed every 2nd Friday and ive never missed a Friday but other than that if i were to be really honest the MS is getting kinda boring without the autopilot update i just need something to make the MS for interesting for me because right now it isn't but in a 2 week time period or less i will come to my decision im also right now even interested in getting a P90DL.

I guess I'm a little confused here. You mention selling the P85D but now you're thinking about the P90DL instead of the M5? You realize the Autopilot software will come out for both cars at the same time in the next month or two. Also, I don't think hands free driving will make the car more exciting that driving without it. More relaxing maybe.

I really haven't had my car for that long and im thinking about trading it in at a local dealer because they have a 2015 BMW M5 and i always wanted an M5 i haven't test drove it but when i saw it i was..... Literally fan guying because the M5 used to be the car that i would always say i was going to buy but then Tesla came out with the MS and then the P85D and changed my mind and just went with the Tesla (For some odd reason i went with the Tesla ooh because no gas) but i have one question also has anybody test drove a M5 yet and if you have how does it compare to the MS by like handling,performance,build quality,etc.... I really don't know what to do im confused everybody in the family says not too but im just not fully sure what im going to do yet:cursing:

Yeah, tough one... I say follow your heart!