Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yay! Got my first text message from Tesla today!

Welcome to Tesla! Thank you for submitting all items in your Tesla Account. When a vehicle with your configuration becomes available, we will contact you to schedule your delivery appointment.

We're excited to get you into your Model Y as soon as possible.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday or reply to this text.

Why is this important? I've NEVER received a single text message from Tesla with my original order. I guess I'll be part of the end of the quarter push!

Yay! Got my first text message from Tesla today!

Why is this important? I've NEVER received a single text message from Tesla with my original order. I guess I'll be part of the end of the quarter push!
Good to hear, I am curious to see who gets their Y first as we r both in NC & have ordered the same Y configuration. If you get yours first, I will go ahead & cancel my RWD to AWD preorder & reorder. Have you gotten your preorder deposit back yet?

Good to hear, I am curious to see who gets their Y first as we r both in NC & have ordered the same Y configuration. If you get yours first, I will go ahead & cancel my RWD to AWD preorder & reorder. Have you gotten your preorder deposit back yet?

I have not received my deposit back yet. I have received an email indicating the order was cancelled and I think it said it would be refunded to the account that it was paid. In my case it was a Discover Card. I'll be watching that account over the next week to see if it appears.

I was contacted yesterday by the Raleigh Sales Center and I've finally got a Sales Advisor! Got a call from them to go over my order. I also am going to get an over-night test drive of a Model Y next week! They have 1 LR and 2 Performance Model Y's at the Raleigh office for test drives. This should be VERY fun! Can't wait.

This has been night and day difference between the two orders. I've got emails, text messages and and test drive offer since placing my new order. Can't say I'll every pre-order a Tesla in the future and just wait for standard orders to appear!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: decrypt
I have not received my deposit back yet. I have received an email indicating the order was cancelled and I think it said it would be refunded to the account that it was paid. In my case it was a Discover Card. I'll be watching that account over the next week to see if it appears.

I was contacted yesterday by the Raleigh Sales Center and I've finally got a Sales Advisor! Got a call from them to go over my order. I also am going to get an over-night test drive of a Model Y next week! They have 1 LR and 2 Performance Model Y's at the Raleigh office for test drives. This should be VERY fun! Can't wait.

This has been night and day difference between the two orders. I've got emails, text messages and and test drive offer since placing my new order. Can't say I'll every pre-order a Tesla in the future and just wait for standard orders to appear!
test drive the Performance, my wife & I did that a few months ago, the acceleration is amazing, made my wife a bit queasy. Be sure to take it on the outer loop and make sure you come to a full stop on the on ramp so you can fully experience the 3.5secs 0-60 when you accelerate. Based on both our experiences, can't say I would ever do the preorder way again also. I feel like I am being told by Tesla that I am 'in line' for the Y, but I feel like I may not be.

Went ahead and entered my current Insurance information, just in case.

I got my $2500 deposit refunded to my account after two days! That was nice to see. Looking forward to my ModelY test drive on Tuesday night.
Looking forward to putting the deposit refund speed test to use! I was expecting 4-8 weeks, then a month later 3-5 weeks. Maybe by Christmas at end of Q4:D

My RWD order I placed in March 2019 was also marked ineligible. I reached out to Mark Gomez who has helped countless others. For my order it was the wheels I ordered way back in March 2019. He fixed it and The order was marked eligible. I’d say reach out to Mark however Tesla just let hi. Go. The only SA to ever act on my requests.

Can you clarify if you kept your RWD or switched to AWD? I'd expect RWD orders to be ineligible, since they aren't being made yet.

Test Drive went VERY well. The acceleration is addictive! Have only two complaints or dislikes. 1. Lack of visibility out the rear window and 2. Small side mirrors. I'm sure I will get comfortable with both, but coming from a Mazda CX-5 SUV these were noticeable. The seats of the MY were so much more comfortable than the CX-5. Kept over controlling during AutoPilot use, and will have to get use to that as well.

Got my Text message yesterday to schedule delivery. Set it up for September 20th. Guess I need to start ordering those accessories I really want!

Reactions: Rg3500 and DanDi58