Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about joining legal action on recent massive price cut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the recent major price reduction, I feel like I'm hit with the penalty for being a few months earlier adopter.

Not sure if I'd line up at the stores overnight or put reservation money.

I bet many of you, the loan balance is higher than how much you can buy the cars right now. Even with the tax credit refunds.

I can't even imagine how recent S or X owners feel right now.

You can easily disregard by saying 'that's how business works' but US is a country with lawsuits with a few MPG difference.

If there's no compensation gesture from Tesla, I'm willing to join a party with legal action. Do any of you know which firms are cooking up those ideas?

With the recent major price reduction, I feel like I'm hit with the penalty for being a few months earlier adopter.

I bet many of you, the loan balance is higher than how much you can buy the cars right now. Even with the tax credit refunds.

You can easily disregard by saying 'that's how business works' but US is a country with lawsuits with a few MPG difference.

If there's no compensation gesture from Tesla, I'm willing to join a party with legal action. Do any of you know which firms are cooking up those ideas?
I’d check seeking alpha in a day or two.

If I ever walk away from this brand, it will be to get as far away as possible from this sort of entitlement mentality.

It’s honestly nauseating

If I ever walk away from this brand, it will be to get as far away as possible from this sort of entitlement mentality.

It’s honestly nauseating

Hard to know how much is real. You're going to see an amplification of this kind of noise as various parties become more and more desperate.

To answer the OP's question, don't worry, there will be many firms and entities backing your legal pursuit.

Really? Why don't you go buy some stocks and when you lose money. Turn around and sue them for going down in prices causing you to lose money even though the stock showed a positive trajectory.

This is the dumbest post I have seen in a very long time. What planet do you live on?????

As more people bought the more expensive versions, Tesla was able to further develop their cheaper production line. It's cheaper for them to make cars for people who are pressing that buy button now. You absolutely do pay more for adopting earlier. That goes for any technology.

I had always wanted the model 3, but since my car broke down two years ago I was faced with either getting the Model S or nothing. As someone who happily spent $93k on my model S, you can shut up and leave.

Utter nonsense. There is never a guarantee that prices will remain the same on any product. And for purposes of a lawsuit, there is absolutely nothing in your purchase agreement promising the price will never change, or only go up. Absent that, American-style capitalism allows prices to go up or down at will. Prices often go up (inflation, etc.), but they can just as easily go down, either in response to changing market conditions (i.e., the reduction in the tax credit), improvement in manufacturing, changes in the product, increasing competition from other manufacturers, or any number of other factors.

With the recent price reductions my similarly equipped car is now $1550 cheaper. I guess I paid the price of being an early adopter. Lesson learned, wait until at least after the first year of any new production vehicle to see how things shake up. But I’m okay with it because the price at the time I purchased was the price that I agreed to. Shortly after my purchase they raised the prices for various options and Tesla didn’t ask me to pay them the difference between what I paid and their higher priced options. So, I don’t think it’s fair to expect a “refund” or any compensation from them because this time around they lowered their prices.

I'm curious what the OP believes the legal basis for a claim against Tesla would be. You can't just assert a desire to sue, you need to have been 1) damaged , 2) the damages were caused by Tesla and 3) that Tesla breached an obligation to you. I see a plausible argument for #1 and #2, but don't see how you can establish that Tesla had an obligation to you in this situation. Typically, a seller of goods and services has no obligation to a prior customer for subsequent price changes unless you could demonstrate fraud that induced you to buy at the price you did. For example, if you had been told that there would be no price reductions for a period of time and then it happened, that would maybe work.

Status
Not open for further replies.