Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about joining legal action on recent massive price cut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The GREATER good is my choice and keep Tesla running. My car is lower by 6K, but I am ok with it. We must have viable EV company that drive the market into EV’s.

Beleave me, I now hate the gas smell from my old car.

Why would you want to kill Tesla, just when they are changing the world. Unless there are much more EV’s with a grand vision, then leave Tesla alone for now.

I'm impressed. 100 disagrees has to be a first.

Not quite, BUT it is first on this list:

Screenshot_2019-03-09 Most Disagreed Posts Tesla Motors Club.png

I don't know about others but when I factor everything in and if I buy AP/FSD now at the reduced price I would pay $1,450 more for the same vehicle now. So I saved money (due to the $3,760 more in tax credit) buy buying in July 2019 as opposed to now.

Agree. Also LTE service and other EAP features not available on the current AP offering. I have Summon and Navigate on Autopilot which the current AP offering does not have unless you get the FSD package. I also have premium audio and lifetime LTE service all of which will cost extra now. So yes, the car itself costs less now than when I got mine last year (without Dual Motor and Performance) but I also got stuff that newer owners would have to pay extra today. I’m still all smiles as i pile up the miles on my Premium LR Model3.

Guys, I purchased several months back and yes I see the drop in price and I of course got a bigger tax credit and even if the result is higher, I am 100% completely ok with it. You might want to ask yourself, why did you buy a Tesla? The more people that own Tesla's ensures Tesla's future and the movement off of fosil based fuels.

Let us not forget, the company stated before a single model 3 was sold that the goal of the model 3 is to sell it at 35k. That is nothing short of amazing that they have done this. Be proud of this and know you helped make this happen!

If we can keep this up, it won't be long before those oil rich countries that love to influence our government will be having a whole different outlook and every model-3 owner can feel proud they contributed to that. Each time you look at your children, your nieces, your nephews you can take comfort that you took action to try to leave the world in a better place than the way we had received it.

In my opinion that is worth more than the headache of dealing with a law suit or the negative feelings about Tesla that Seeking Alpha is trying to send your way.

Will

With the recent major price reduction, I feel like I'm hit with the penalty for being a few months earlier adopter.

Not sure if I'd line up at the stores overnight or put reservation money.

I bet many of you, the loan balance is higher than how much you can buy the cars right now. Even with the tax credit refunds.

I can't even imagine how recent S or X owners feel right now.

You can easily disregard by saying 'that's how business works' but US is a country with lawsuits with a few MPG difference.

If there's no compensation gesture from Tesla, I'm willing to join a party with legal action. Do any of you know which firms are cooking up those ideas?
I agree. As much as people are giving you this holier than thou garbage, I completely agree with you. My model S value has tanked and it’s largely because of a myriad of changes to the car/batteries and especially price that Tesla keeps tooling with ever since I bought the car three years ago. I feel burned having been a Tesla early adopter.

And after this I hope there are other compelling EV options when I’m done with my Tesla loan. I’m pretty done with this company. And not to mention the number of quality issues and warranty issues that the car had to have fixed. It has been an interesting ride being a Tesla owner with the quality issues and the deeply declining car value. I have owned other luxury cars but they’ve not even come close to the depreciation that the Tesla has experienced in three years.

But hey the drive is incredible and it’s Zero emissions so that honestly rights a lot of wrongs for me with this company. But that’s only until someone like Rivian ups their game. Until then I better be a fanboy here on TMC otherwise I’m going to get lynched.

Last edited:
You can be annoyed but it's hardly lawsuit worthy.

Telsa needs to just start using arbitrary model years. That will avoid anything of this sort in the future.

Agreed. I took delivery of a Model 3 Friday. I knew it was a 2018. They were unable or unwilling to give the exact build month, which is crazy
because the car was at the freaking dealership. When we were doing the delivery paperwork I asked more than once when my cat was built. It was a July 2018 car. Obviously sitting here for a long time. It had 60 miles on the ODO and was in flawless condition so I took the car, and they took my trade. So I have taken 5K hit on the resale value of my 3. I don’t believe this will be statistically meaningful down the road as I don’t expect to buy another car anytime soon. I drive around 6 to 8 thousand miles a year. I think my resale will be Ok because when I do get another Tesla I will have so few miles on my current car. It is what it is. I can whine about this, could have refused the car and waited for who knows how long to get a 2019, or do what I’m doing today driving and loving my car. There is another benefit here too that nobody talks about. Here in MA we have an excise tax on cars. My bill will be less because it’s a 2018.
Cheers

Reactions: Tribaltech
If there's no compensation gesture from Tesla, I'm willing to join a party with legal action. Do any of you know which firms are cooking up those ideas?

Instead, I'd cook up the following reality check:

1) Tesla has decided that price cuts across the board, development of the Model Y, and the $35K base model are critical to its survival, mission, and long term plan, presumably by helping to seriously increase sales in the context of a lowered margin.
2) Tesla came within inches of going under at the ramp up of 'production hell' around the Model 3, and it's pretty obvious that they don't want to skate that close to the edge of the cliff on the Model Y - and it is the Model Y even more than the Model 3 that can explode the EV revolution forward in a way that could have been viewed as impossible just 3 years ago.
3) Early adopters of most disruptive technology almost always pay a premium - and due to that, I (and you too) are pioneers in a revolution, and not bargain hunters.
4) You got the best car available at the time that you purchased it for the best possible price.

While none of us feel great about how our cars are worth less than we might have expected (we lost $10K on two 3Ps), Model X and S
owners really took a hit.

Long story short - Get over it.

Last edited:
There are many things that I don’t like about Tesla, like pricing on website showing possible savings, hit and miss service, lack of parts, unpredictability with pricing etc, but I will never go back to any electric car manufacturer that uses dealership system.
As I was waiting for 3, I drove Mercedes BEV for three years. MSRP was ~$54k, I bought it for $29k. I am pretty sure that price varried depending on haggling abbbilities. Who do I sue for that?

I agree. As much as people are giving you this holier than thou garbage, I completely agree with you. My model S value has tanked and it’s largely because of a myriad of changes to the car/batteries and especially price that Tesla keeps tooling with ever since I bought the car three years ago. I feel burned having been a Tesla early adopter.

And after this I hope there are other compelling EV options when I’m done with my Tesla loan. I’m pretty done with this company. And not to mention the number of quality issues and warranty issues that the car had to have fixed. It has been an interesting ride being a Tesla owner with the quality issues and the deeply declining car value. I have owned other luxury cars but they’ve not even come close to the depreciation that the Tesla has experienced in three years.

But hey the drive is incredible and it’s Zero emissions so that honestly rights a lot of wrongs for me with this company. But that’s only until someone like Rivian ups their game. Until then I better be a fanboy here on TMC otherwise I’m going to get lynched.

You're really missing the point Tribal (good name BTW) Trolling is different from any number of potential legit criticisms of Tesla. We don't have enough time to chronicle all the departures from perfection by Tesla, or Elon for that matter. It's not that either are any version of perfect, and there are plenty of issues and plenty of threads here talking about them, but as problems to be addressed and solved, not as bullets in a devaluing and provocative attack. It's the devaluing and hostile posting that gets you the push back you've gotten here.

Trolls aren't victims, they are just reaping what they sow.

Status
Not open for further replies.