Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about joining legal action on recent massive price cut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I've been on these forums for a while and never noticed that "BEST POSTS" section. and I discovered that I top the funny category :D

That was a good post.:p

As far as not noticing things, I've been following Tesla for a long time and hadn't seen the fantastic "Wait but Why" piece in your signature line: How Tesla Will Change The World — Wait But Why

They had a very nice "Hershey's Kiss" shaped figure that I think helps explain what happened over the last year or so with Model 3 pricing. Per the green curved line I added to their figure, the higher end Model 3s sold last year helped Tesla get to the $35K Model 3, just as the Roadster helped fund the Model S, and the Model S (and X) helped fund the Model 3.

With Tesla now at scale, they can afford to reduce prices for all their vehicles, which in the long run is fantastic for everyone, and for Tesla's mission.

InkedWaitButWhy_LI.jpg

Last edited:
The GREATER good is my choice and keep Tesla running. My car is lower by 6K, but I am ok with it. We must have viable EV company that drive the market into EV’s.

Believe me, I now hate the gas smell from my old car.

Why would you want to kill Tesla, just when they are changing the world. Unless there are much more EV’s with a grand vision, then leave Tesla alone for now.
I'm with you on the gas smell, I now find it even more offensive than before, and would really like to be alive when the day comes when one doesn't have to smell burned fuel again.

This is seriously the most appalling entitled comment, and seriously makes me even want to leave a Tesla group. Tesla was clear from the beginning that the 3 price would be lower and out in spring of 2019. There were updates and notifications about it every few months. IF YOU DIDN’T WANT TO WAIT you could get the extended battery version. Now you are a victim? I didn’t want to wait, I got mine, I love it, I got a tax credit - no one stuck a gun to my head. This view is terrifying that people feel that others should always be responsible and not themselves. Man up dang

No No No! I don’t care what side of the debate you are on, Teslas are cars! Not tech. It’s not a TV! It’s not a cell phone! It’s not a computer! Again, quarterly results and market share are measured against BMW, Audi, etc. Not Apple and Samsung.

OK, let’s talk Audi. I bought a 3 year old A8L with the original window sticker at $105K. It only had 24K miles on it, and I bought it for $45K.

How’s that for depreciation? Where are the Audi, BMW and MB owners filing there lawsuits? Oh wait, they’re not!

If everyone who bought cars in the last 4 months will take a deep breath and enjoy their new rides, you’ll feel differently in a few years when you are ready to trade in/up to a new Tesla.

OK, let’s talk Audi. I bought a 3 year old A8L with the original window sticker at $105K. It only had 24K miles on it, and I bought it for $45K.

How’s that for depreciation? Where are the Audi, BMW and MB owners filing there lawsuits? Oh wait, they’re not!

If everyone who bought cars in the last 4 months will take a deep breath and enjoy their new rides, you’ll feel differently in a few years when you are ready to trade in/up to a new Tesla.

Did your Audi go down in value because you bought a vehicle that has a well known terrible resale value? Or because Audi started selling options on the A8 they havent delivered to current customers yet at a discount to new customers?

Not all Audis have terrible resale. S4’s for example do very well in the used market. EVERYONE knows the big luxury sedans lose a ton of value, quickly.

No offense, but your understanding of this shows the intelligence of someone who would not only drop $100k on an A8, but also admit they lost that much money! LOL

Reactions: JanG007
Did your Audi go down in value because you bought a vehicle that has a well known terrible resale value? Or because Audi started selling options on the A8 they havent delivered to current customers yet at a discount to new customers?

Not all Audis have terrible resale. S4’s for example do very well in the used market. EVERYONE knows the big luxury sedans lose a ton of value, quickly.

No offense, but your understanding of this shows the intelligence of someone who would not only drop $100k on an A8, but also admit they lost that much money! LOL
Agreed! Plus Audi didn’t start selling new A8s for $45k. It’s a used A8. This isn’t the used model 3 selling for lower. It’s same breaks new car selling for less advertised from the manufacture in such a short period of time.

It is beyond mind boggling that Tesla is the only automaker who is trying to GIVE THE BEST DEAL TO THE LATEST CONSUMER. Any other companies would be rubbing their palms and thinking of how to maximize profit when they find a product that consumer loves. Tesla is doing everything they can to make their car the most affordable and best value EV available, to hear about a potential lawsuit as a result is crazy.

We paid 42k+ (probably a lot more) because we're financially capable of spending this much money. Many people out there can't even consider getting their own Tesla until the price is at or below 35k. We are more privileged than most people in the country. Us buying our Teslas at a higher markup is what helped less privileged people own their Tesla Model 3. Isn't that something to be celebrated?

Last edited:
Reactions: oliman06
It is beyond mind boggling that Tesla is the only automaker who is trying to GIVE THE BEST DEAL TO THE LATEST CONSUMER. Any other companies would be rubbing their palms and thinking of how to maximize profit when they find a product that consumer loves. Tesla is doing everything they can to make their car the most affordable and best value EV available, to hear about a potential lawsuit as a result is crazy.

We paid 42k+ (probably a lot more) because we're financially capable of spending this much money. Many people out there can't even consider getting their own Tesla until the price is at or below 35k. We are more privileged than most people in the country. Us buying our Teslas at a higher markup is what helped less privileged people own their Tesla Model 3. Isn't that something to be celebrated?
Then give me FSD for what I paid for EAP. EASY. I already paid $7500 more than the current price for my exact same car in less than 6 months.

:):):)
There are many things that I don’t like about Tesla, like pricing on website showing possible savings, hit and miss service, lack of parts, unpredictability with pricing etc, but I will never go back to any electric car manufacturer that uses dealership system.
As I was waiting for 3, I drove Mercedes BEV for three years. MSRP was ~$54k, I bought it for $29k. I am pretty sure that price varried depending on haggling abbbilities. Who do I sue for that?
Ooooo. Pick me! I know the answer : Tesla!!!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.