Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about Rims!

Which option?

• Fast EV04 on 19"

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Fast FC04 on 20"

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Meh...they don't look that different to me

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, so have my Model Y with the 19" Gemini's coming tomorrow. Plan all along was that I would use the 19" rims and put winter rubber on them, then get a set of 20" Fast FC04's and new 20" rubber, then try to sell the 19" OEM rubber.

But came accross the Fast EV04 fully forged rims, and love the looks. But at a cost 2.5 times the FC04 per rim seems a bit high to me (rims are the same weight as well, which I thought was a bit odd).

So then thought, what if I just stuck with the 19" wheel size, got the EV04 and kept the 19" OEM rubber instead? Then thought...hmmm...but I know I will like the lower profile look of the 20" tire.

So WTH, figured I'd try a poll here....

So, 19" EV04:
1653064565628.png

Fast FC04 on 20":

1653064635625.png

If you could do a 19" version of the FC04 I think that is what I would go with. As I'm sure you know, it is very very common for MY owners to mention that 19" wheels make the ride much softer than 20" or 21" wheels. I myself am going with 19" TSW Sprint wheels to replace the 21" Ubers that come on the MYP. I don't mind the look of a thicker sidewall and the 19" tires should be significantly less expensive than commensurate 20" or 21" tires. Plus, using a 19" wheel instead of a 20" will provide you another 0.5" of sidewall on each side of the wheel to protect it in the event you hit a bad pothole or something of that sort. Besides looks and high-speed handling, I'm not aware of any real good reasons to go with a larger wheel. So if the looks aren't super important to you or you don't mind seeing a bit more sidewall (as you're already considering a 19" wheel), I'd definitely go with the 19" size, and the FC04 look better to me. YMMV and all that lol

Side note: Maybe check the load ratings between the two wheels? Even though the weights may be the same between the two, the forged wheel may have a higher load rating. That would be my guess anyways.

Okay, so have my Model Y with the 19" Gemini's coming tomorrow. Plan all along was that I would use the 19" rims and put winter rubber on them, then get a set of 20" Fast FC04's and new 20" rubber, then try to sell the 19" OEM rubber.

But came accross the Fast EV04 fully forged rims, and love the looks. But at a cost 2.5 times the FC04 per rim seems a bit high to me (rims are the same weight as well, which I thought was a bit odd).

So then thought, what if I just stuck with the 19" wheel size, got the EV04 and kept the 19" OEM rubber instead? Then thought...hmmm...but I know I will like the lower profile look of the 20" tire.

So WTH, figured I'd try a poll here....

So, 19" EV04:
View attachment 806627

Fast FC04 on 20":

View attachment 806628
I like the EV04