TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Thinking about Roadtrip to Sedona Airzona. Winter Driving?

Discussion in 'California' started by Glamisduner, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

Being that I live in San Diego I don't really worry about issues like salt and ice. I am thinking about swapping my wheels back to the MXM 4's since I have summer tires on right now. Other than that, is there anything I need to worry about on a road trip to sedona for a few days? Just power-wash the car when I get back and I should be fine, or should I consider another destination?

2. AZjohnInCA

AZjohnInCA Member

There might be a little snow falling tomorrow but, in general that area of AZ doesn't salt the roads unless a lot falls and sticks.
    We are driving up there tomorrow but getting a rental car flying in to Phoenix. Not concerned at all with either a rental or if I was driving my M3.
    Have fun,
    John

• Helpful x 1
  3. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Well-Known Member

Sedona looks fantastic when it gets a fresh coat of snow. Usually melts right away, but can be spectacular on the red rocks.

AWD will get you around most everywhere fine.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. Fossil Fool

Fossil Fool Member

Forecast is for light snow in Sedona with rain across Arizona for Christmas eve. I'm in nearby Prescott and it just doesn't feel like it's going to be a huge storm.

• Like x 2
  5. Glamisduner

Thanks guys, guess I just need to try it out. Probably better to get a rental because I'm putting so many miles on the model 3. But I do sort of want to try a roadtrip in it. I'd probably be going in January.

6. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

My wife and a friend went, a month ago and Yuma supercharger was broke. Took our x
    Used el centro and gila bend.

7. Chancellor32

Chancellor32 Member

We just left phx in our 3 to head up to
    Flagstaff. You will be fine, storm isn’t expected to bring more than 6inches of snow.

8. Glamisduner

Routing does not have me stopping at Yuma (rather going north on the 15), but my friend said the same thing. He stopped their anyways and said it charged fine despite being reported as broken?

9. Chancellor32

Chancellor32 Member

It’s up and running now.

10. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Have fun. For a great view pop up to the airport. It is the top of mesa and has good views all around. Always loved the approach into their. Like landing on aircraft carrier. Take off is the same.

• Like x 1
  11. AZjohnInCA

AZjohnInCA Member

Just left Sedona and no snow to speak of. Beautiful day this morning for a road trip to Tucson:)

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1