Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking of Preordering TSportline 20" TS5 w/ X-Ice. Anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on the fence about the Falcon Y wheels. They look cool, but didn't quite fit what I think looks good on the Model Y. But then the TS5 Flow Forged came out:
Tesla Model Y Wheels-20" TS5 Flow Forged Tesla Wheel and Tire Package - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories

I'm probably going with 20" and the X-Ice setup for the winter.

I like how it's mounted, TPMS ready to go. I am guessing I just jack the car up, swap my Uberturbines out and replace with these, and I'm good to go.

I got the jack puck things already, and my regular floor jack should work I'm hoping.

Anyone else?

I was on the fence about the Falcon Y wheels. They look cool, but didn't quite fit what I think looks good on the Model Y. But then the TS5 Flow Forged came out:
Tesla Model Y Wheels-20" TS5 Flow Forged Tesla Wheel and Tire Package - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories

I'm probably going with 20" and the X-Ice setup for the winter.

I like how it's mounted, TPMS ready to go. I am guessing I just jack the car up, swap my Uberturbines out and replace with these, and I'm good to go.

I got the jack puck things already, and my regular floor jack should work I'm hoping.

Anyone else?

What’s the advantage of the x-ice?

What’s the advantage of the x-ice?

xIce are one of the best rated winter tires. TireRack hasn't been able to do a full review of the brand new xIce SNOW tires yet (they were just released Jan/Feb of this year), but initial impressions (from a press event but where TireRack was allowed to drive the cars) is very very strong. Previous years have still been very close to the new snow tires Bridgestone have released, so I figure the SNOW will be class leading, or very close. Basically xIce SNOW, Bridgestone WS90, or Nokian (if you can find them) are some of the best winter tires on the market for deep snow and glaze ice. I don't think the WS90s are in the size/load rating for the Model Y which is probably why the xIce were selected by TSportline.

• Informative
Reactions: thisisdiddy
Good luck getting X-Ice Snow this winter, perhaps it all depends on the size. I have not found anybody who can get 255/45R19, just delays and delays. I finally found one place who told me he is being told that it could be Feb/Mar 2021 before he can get any. Not much help for this winter season when all I have are the summer performance rubber on the 21 inch Ubers, so I guess it is Nokian for me, which are also back ordered. Glad I started looking early, looks like the 3rd week in Oct before I will have anything to use.

I like the TS5 as well and will get my order in (which should align with my likely Y delivery timing). Winters aren't too bad here in Cincinnati (re: snow & ice) so I will go with the Michelin all seasons. I like the style of the TS5 over the TSS for some reason.

I haven't found any other great options that include proper sizing, wheels, and TPMS. I actually really like how it looks (looks are subjective, so let's not go there).

Nobody gave me any good alternatives either before.

Anyway, I still think they're one of the better-looking wheels I've purchased, and they're quite a bit lighter than my 21" ubers so that's totally fine with me.

I haven't found any other great options that include proper sizing, wheels, and TPMS. I actually really like how it looks (looks are subjective, so let's not go there).

Nobody gave me any good alternatives either before.

Anyway, I still think they're one of the better-looking wheels I've purchased, and they're quite a bit lighter than my 21" ubers so that's totally fine with me.

If you'd like ease of buying then yes, these will do great since it is built specifically for Tesla. If you want best bang for your buck and a bit more unique look then a bit of research will go a long way. Some of the website allows you to shop by car and take all the guess work out.

If you'd like ease of buying then yes, these will do great since it is built specifically for Tesla. If you want best bang for your buck and a bit more unique look then a bit of research will go a long way. Some of the website allows you to shop by car and take all the guess work out.

You're right, but it's slim pickings. I can't find a good place that has the option to select Model Y in any configuration. It's just too early I guess. The thing that sold me was both the ease of it all, and the fact that I really like how the wheel looks on a MY.

That all being said, what websites already allow you to shop by a Model Y car?