Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking of selling my 2014 Model S 85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Vin: 41096
The older dark blue exterior
Grey leather interior
Tech package

67k miles
255 100% charge

No warranty besides the battery/drive train

Car was hit in a parking lot that bent the hood and scratched the bumper. I had it repaired at a certified Tesla repair shop under my insurance which is probably going to show up on carfax
I still have photos to show it was minor damage... the price to repair was not minor however, which is why I went through insurance.

Wondering how much y’all think it’s worth. Afterall a vehicle is only worth as much as a buyer is willing to pay

Give us the specs and I will give you the Black Book ( dealers use ) range from rough to super clean. I already have the other needed info. Oh, and as long as you are doing this, how about some photos, and when did the car first get registered. Ok.....no warranties but your title may now be un-clean. Some Insur companies will not insure it. Without knowing much else, the Black Book shows me a range of $39k to $49k.

Last edited:
It’s still a clean title. According to the shop.

85kwh battery
Blue exterior
Gray leather interior
19 inch wheels
Tech package

Can’t remember anything else off the top of my head. No pano, no 3rd row seats, no upgrades sound.

Don’t remember when the car was first registered. I wasn’t the original buyer
Also don’t have any photos. Will take some tomorrow.

Give us the specs and I will give you the Black Book ( dealers use ) range from rough to super clean. I already have the other needed info. Oh, and as long as you are doing this, how about some photos, and when did the car first get registered. Ok.....no warranties but your title may now be un-clean. Some Insur companies will not insure it. Without knowing much else, the Black Book shows me a range of $39k to $49k.
Black Book is wholesale prices. Dealers use it to lowball people on trade-ins. You want Kelley Blue Book or NADA.

Black Book is wholesale prices. Dealers use it to lowball people on trade-ins. You want Kelley Blue Book or NADA.
Certainly good advice for personal sale of a high volume car like a Honda Civic — or if you want to trade any car. But if you want to sell your own car, low volume cars are much tougher to nail in any book.

KBB was close to $20,000 below what I knew my Porsche 911/993 was worth when I sold it last year. So what did I use if not KBB? I knew what to ask for my car mostly because of a Porsche discussion board similar to this one. So in addition to book values, I would scour this board.