Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking of selling my Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - we're a two tesla family. We have an S that survived a nasty accident and now that it is repaid, my wife will never let go of it! We then bought a Model X, but after a year of ownership, I find myself preferring to drive the S instead.

I was wondering if the community could help me figure out my car might be worth?

2017 Model X 75D (bought Sept 2017)
~13000 km
Midnight Silver
Black "vegan" interior + Carbon
EAP
20" Slipstream
7 Seat Interior

I looked on Autotrader, but most of the cars are older 90Ds. Thanks!!

Hi - we're a two tesla family. We have an S that survived a nasty accident and now that it is repaid, my wife will never let go of it! We then bought a Model X, but after a year of ownership, I find myself preferring to drive the S instead.

I was wondering if the community could help me figure out my car might be worth?

2017 Model X 75D (bought Sept 2017)
~13000 km
Midnight Silver
Black "vegan" interior + Carbon
EAP
20" Slipstream
7 Seat Interior

I looked on Autotrader, but most of the cars are older 90Ds. Thanks!!

Try looking at CPU prices on a site such as:

EV-CPO.com - Tesla New, Used, and CPO Inventory Listings

There is 1 in the US which is a 75D X with 24000 km, selling for 85k USD. Convert to CAD for a rough idea...so around 110k CAD?

upload_2018-9-17_12-41-22.png

Reactions: DanCar
Just out of interest - why do you prefer driving the S to the X?
- its big. very big. We tried to convince ourselves that with three little kids that the smart decision was to have an SUV.
- S drives like a car... it feels so nimble when you switch between the two!
- Space is not THAT much better than the S. Both have a ton of storage.
- Can't take advantage of 3rd row seating *yet*... all three are in car seats still.
- FWD doors in the Winter aren't the best - had issues with them not opening because of snow/ice. I have had to remove my kids through the windows numerous occasions.
- Range is less predictable (more variation on the Wh/km) because if it's size? Not sure.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
- Space is not THAT much better than the S. Both have a ton of storage.
- Range is less predictable (more variation on the Wh/km) because if it's size? Not sure.

Does your middle row fold flat? I would have thought that would make for way more space. Or do you mean the space is around the same with the 3rd row folded vs the trunk in the S?

What kind of range do you get? I have a September 2017 S75D, same colour but cream interior. I sometimes wonder if I would be happier in an X, with the additional utility.

Does your middle row fold flat? I would have thought that would make for way more space. Or do you mean the space is around the same with the 3rd row folded vs the trunk in the S?

What kind of range do you get? I have a September 2017 S75D, same colour but cream interior. I sometimes wonder if I would be happier in an X, with the additional utility.

Yes - it does have way more space if you take your 3 car seats out ;) The trunk by itself is bigger, but the S is pretty good.

Typically im getting 220-250 wh/km and so i only get 200-250km before i want to charge.

It's hard to price Teslas accurately. I'm currently thinking of selling my Model S 100D (I love it but it is too big to make the turn comfortably into our new carport, so we bought a 2018 Leaf which we can park there, and which in turn gives me the excuse to shop for something fun). Most of the Teslas listed on Autotrader are priced very high, but I'm sure they aren't selling for anything like the asking price.

I believe yours would be $120,800 new, including freight, and presumably you got the $14k EVIP refund. My experience was that Tesla had a lot of unregistered demo / service loaners that would typically have about a $12k "discount" based on similar kilometres to yours, and have the added bonus of the buyer still getting to be the first registered owner, and getting the warranty extended (that's how I bought my S).

Something in the mid 90s seems realistic.

Just my two cents.

I'm looking for a used X or S (I had an S75 RWD before) but find the pricing of used Tesla in BC/Vancouver too much for me at the moment.

If anyone was looking for a private sale to negotiate and chat about I'd be keen to start the emails and try, but its a tricky game finding the right seller to buyer combo.