Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking of Selling Up....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm thinking of selling up, and was hoping for some opinions on the valuation.

My car is a 2019 (69) 3P, with performance pack (when it was available separately at the time)

25k miles, in Red with white interior.

It's not long had 4 new tyres, has had a £2500 PPF and cermaic coat package and is immaculate (bar a tiny stone chip on the front bumper, picked up before the PPF went on at 110 miles!).

The car has also had the suspension quite comprehensively upgraded, courtesy of MMP, Eibach and Litchfield Motors (a picture of my car is featured on their website).

I've been offered £44k by WBAC, but I wouldn't be willing to let the car go for less than £48k.

Do you think this is reasonable, and do you think the suspension modifications will put people off? I have all the standard parts, but wouldn't really want to go to the expense of having them refitted if I could help it.

Please fire your opinions at me. Thanks in advance.

I sold my 3P- on Saturday for £48900 - mine did not have the Performance upgrade kit. It had only done 6000 miles though. I did this because Tesla only offered me £36000 as a trade in. Car was immaculate. I believe although I only paid £472oo ish for it if I had gone with Motorway or someone else I could have got £50,000+ for it. The general public do not know that the car is available new within a couple of months and it still carries a rarity premium.

• Informative
Reactions: Exy1
Well, it's gone and will be missed.

But on a plus point, I now have a load of performance suspension parts for sale (the car was sold as standard) - so please give me a shout if you'd like your M3P to ride and handle like it always should have :)

I've just sold my M3P white/white 8k miles for £47k directly to a buyyourcar dealer. I know others have ahceived more but in my case that's under £4k depreciation in 10 months - I couldn't have rented the car for that amount so overall pretty happy (except for now having to drive the wife's V40 T3)

I've just sold my M3P white/white 8k miles for £47k directly to a buyyourcar dealer. I know others have ahceived more but in my case that's under £4k depreciation in 10 months - I couldn't have rented the car for that amount so overall pretty happy (except for now having to drive the wife's V40 T3)
it is but the car has gone up but £5-6K in that time due to price increase and loss of the grant so that is about £9k less than a new one would cost now so you have benefitted from those increases

it is but the car has gone up but £5-6K in that time due to price increase and loss of the grant so that is about £9k less than a new one would cost now so you have benefitted from those increases

I know and I wouldn't be so happy if I had paid the higher amount. We simply don't need two cars sitting idle while we're both working from home and mine had a nice gap between the sale price and the outstanding finance.

I'll not be buying another Model 3 but maybe a Model Y if/when we do need two cars again (I've already got permission from the wifey :) )

Reactions: Avendit
Only good views on motorway from me too. I sold my BMW via them yesterday (it was collected yesterday and no knocking down of price either) and got as much as webuyanycar were offering last year when I was thinking of selling it for funding my Tesla.
Last year I ended up selling my 911 thru them for buying the Tesla and got circa £4K more than Tesla offered part-ex.

Only good views on motorway from me too. I sold my BMW via them yesterday (it was collected yesterday and no knocking down of price either) and got as much as webuyanycar were offering last year when I was thinking of selling it for funding my Tesla.
Last year I ended up selling my 911 thru them for buying the Tesla and got circa £4K more than Tesla offered part-ex.
Sounds good but I'm not sure Tesla's Part Ex offers should be used as a benchmark to compare anything to, except maybe being punched in the face. They seem pretty derisory most of the time.

• Funny
Reactions: Doudeau and Roy W.