Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking to buy 2019 Model S Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I am thinking to buy 2019 S Performance, but wanted to get some advices of the forum.

I see in 2021 S been new refresh (yoke steering wheel, screen....) but they are hard to find and usually cost same to a new one.

My question: should I got with refresh S model or I will be fine with older model?

I currently have 2019 Model 3 LR and really enjoy the car!!

Thanks for help

NUMEROUS changes to the 2021+ refresh. Interior material quality is much improved, the cabin is noticeably quieter, the range improved, charging time is faster, power dropoff in acceleration isnt "peaky" like pre refresh..the power delivery stays consistent/at full power until well over 120mph, the rear end is wider, the headlights are now matrix, rear end lights are now different, the processor is faster. There is the rear screen

So there are notable improvements (im sure Im leaving out some) but up to you if its worth it...

• Helpful
Reactions: ICUDoc
NUMEROUS changes to the 2021+ refresh. Interior material quality is much improved, the cabin is noticeably quieter, the range improved, charging time is faster, power dropoff in acceleration isnt "peaky" like pre refresh..the power delivery stays consistent/at full power until well over 120mph, the rear end is wider, the headlights are now matrix, rear end lights are now different, the processor is faster. There is the rear screen

So there are notable improvements (im sure Im leaving out some) but up to you if its worth it...
I don’t notice any difference in material quality or build quality from 2019 X Raven to Model S Refresh. Late Raven S (2020) LR had about the same range as a Refresh S LR. Model X actually went down in range. Plaid did go up in range vs Performance though.

You'll miss out on some of the niceties on your 3 if you go with the 19 S, like:

• 250 kw Charging - the 19 S only supports up to 200kW (assuming you get a Raven)
  • Phone key
  • Door/center console storage
  • Sentry camera on your phone
  • Wireless phone charging (you need to buy a third party or Tesla OEM wireless charging add on)

Refresh 21’s have been popping up in the 95-99k range. Ravens aren’t much different. Hard to pass up the new “LR” unless you really like the old controls.
I had a P85D now a 21 M3P, kinda in the same boat. Really miss the S, and the refresh has some of the best features of my 3. Door pockets, better console, wireless charging pads, etc.
Really like the old controls though.

Here it is my 2022 Model S 😁

Attachments

• 0B12E80B-31C1-499E-8A2A-AF78C8A5C558.jpeg
    0B12E80B-31C1-499E-8A2A-AF78C8A5C558.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
  • 480BC26C-13EA-4665-B88E-FB77FA88C3C3.jpeg
    480BC26C-13EA-4665-B88E-FB77FA88C3C3.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 71