Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinkware F770

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it entering parking mode when the car shuts off?

Which positap did you end up using? Strangely I've just done another install in another Model S (manufactured in the same month) and the positap doesn't seem to be making contact with the switched wire behind the mirror. I think the 20-22 AWG positap I used last time isn't right, and I need one for a smaller gauge wire. Did you have trouble with the 20-22?

This weekend I was able to complete my ThinkWare 770 installation. Thanks, to many posters from many threads, but especially ND100.
Constant power (once I replaced the fuse I blew) from the unused plug near the microphone works great, as it did with my BlackVue 650 on my previous 2015 P85D.

My F770 no long powers up - I'm seeing around 11V where I previously saw 14. Maybe the fuse blew? Do you have details of where the fuse is for the constant power in the mic area? I can't find anything useful in the owner's manual.

My F770 no long powers up - I'm seeing around 11V where I previously saw 14. Maybe the fuse blew? Do you have details of where the fuse is for the constant power in the mic area? I can't find anything useful in the owner's manual.

If you have trouble getting to the fuse box in the front let me know. Otherwise here is my quote from the thread regarding the location.

It is a MICRO2 5 Amp. Fuse F100 closest to the driver side wheel well in the front/Frunk on my 11/16 Refreshed Model S.

Question on Spare power suppy in Mic grill

If you have trouble getting to the fuse box in the front let me know. Otherwise here is my quote from the thread regarding the location.

It is a MICRO2 5 Amp. Fuse F100 closest to the driver side wheel well in the front/Frunk on my 11/16 Refreshed Model S.

Question on Spare power suppy in Mic grill

Thanks, looks like it wasn't the fuse but (possibly?) a faulty connection causing voltage drop. The F100 fuse was fine.

The last few clips recorded show the voltage at around 8V (despite the F770 set to cut off at 11.x V). I reconnected everything and it's working now.

Reactions: Nosken
I finally got around to taking a look at what was wrong. I was using a StarTech FAN4EXT12 to connect to the spare 4 pin always-on power. It looks like over time part of the connector loosened and no longer made firm contact.

I've switched to 22cm power Fan Extension Cable 4 Pin Male Plug to Female Socket Lead fans | eBay - the pins fit into the Tesla 4 pin socket very firmly and the problem has gone away (they're also only $1 on ebay).

s-l500.jpg

• Informative
So, I’ve had my Thinkware F770s with hardwiring cables for over 9 months sitting in the garage and haven’t gathered the courage to install it myself in the car... I’m worried I will mess up something... Actually purchased 2 sets for a 360 degree setup but would honestly be happy if I can get one working. No one in my city that I have found has done an install of Dashcams on Teslas so I will have to do it myself...

Where do I start? For the best performance do I use extra cable by rear view mirror? A fuse box somewhere?
I followed this YouTuber until he started connecting the cables and I realized my colors on power cable for camera don’t match his.

Help....

______
P90D HW2

How to disable the sound of the voice in the thinkware?

I've set the volume to 0 but when witching from parking to continuous the voice keeps telling me that.

Disabling sound works for me. The only thing I hear from it is a reminder to format the memory card. Try taking the MicroSD card out and use the Dashcam Viewer PC/Mac software to set the audio (rather than the mobile app, if that's what you're using).

Does Wifi work for you?

I've never been able to fully silence my 770 either. But, as the only time it speaks is when I get in the car, and it's announcing what it recorded since I last left the car, it's an acceptable issue for me.

I do wish there were some celebrity voices though for the announcements. :)

For wifi, I had troubles with my wifi connection until I rewired my setup with the smaller positap 24-26 to the wire in the front of the mirror in a Dec 2016 S. I don't know why that was the case, but it's worked consistently now.

For wifi, I had troubles with my wifi connection until I rewired my setup with the smaller positap 24-26 to the wire in the front of the mirror in a Dec 2016 S. I don't know why that was the case, but it's worked consistently now.

Thanks, the 24-26 positaps have also solved my Wifi problem. @Nosken you might want to switch out your positaps to the 24-26 if you're still having Wifi problems.

• Informative