TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Third Fisker?

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by dpeilow, Nov 9, 2012.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#2 vfx, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    Not the fifth?

Surf
    Atlantic
    New Volt competitor?

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

With the "P platform" it sounds like they're describing a third platform, rather than just a third vehicle. I was at the media event at Kleiner Perkins when Ray Lane got his Karma. When talking about the Karma and other vehicles built on that platform, he described them as K1, K2, K3, etc., referring to the Karma, the Sunset, and the Surf, respectively. He then talked about the (then called) Nina and its variants, N1, N2, etc. N1 being the Nina/Atlantic and there being a possible SUV/CUV or other vehicles on the Nina platform.

So yeah, sounds like this P is yet another platform. Rather ambitious, if not premature to be talking about such things now since they are obviously a long way off. Fisker really needs to be successful at the high end before they go making the entry level car. I'd guess they talk about this stuff now in order to drum up more investment dollars.

The source article (Exclusive: Fisker Plans Entry Level Car To Take On Chevrolet Volt. General Motors) says, "This new P platform would “potentially” come with a strategic partner according to Fisker." I still don't see what Fisker has to offer a partner.

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Pretty much their MO.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

This article says no.

And later