Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third Party 14-50 adaptor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla is out of 14-50 adaptors right now in my area. I'm taking delivery Tuesday and wanted to try out the new 14-50 plug I added to my cabin in Big Bear.

Are there are good third party 14-50 adaptors or better to wait til they are back on stock and buy official Tesla?

Looks like Tesla is out of 14-50 adaptors right now in my area. I'm taking delivery Tuesday and wanted to try out the new 14-50 plug I added to my cabin in Big Bear.

Are there are good third party 14-50 adaptors or better to wait til they are back on stock and buy official Tesla?

NEMA 14-50 Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3 Gen 2 – EVSE Adapters

If you need a NEMA 14-50 extension cord they have those as well in assorted lengths.

They work great, no problems with my S. I would also recommend picking up an assortment of adapters to cover your bases.

Most knock offs are cheaper. But in the case of Tesla, they are much more expensive.

Charging able adapters $35 Vs 85
Wall connector $500 Vs $800+ for same amperage

That's because Tesla's prices are actually extremely reasonable. I don't think they're actually making much in the way of a profit on their charging accessories.

The third party accessories are probably hand made, and extremely low volume. $85 is not far off what it would cost for you to make these parts, after factoring in tooling costs for the custom connector Tesla uses for the UMC.

Looks like Tesla is out of 14-50 adapters right now in my area. I'm taking delivery Tuesday and wanted to try out the new 14-50 plug I added to my cabin in Big Bear.

Are there are good third party 14-50 adapters or better to wait til they are back on stock and buy official Tesla?

Thought I'd through out an alternative...buy the 6-50 adapter, and change your 14-50 outlet to a 6-50 outlet. You already have the wiring for it since 6-50 doesn't use the neutral line...and Tesla doesn't either.