Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third Party Customization Shops in Kansas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if there is an existing thread somewhere on this already. I couldn't turn up much searching. I'm in Topeka area and have had little luck finding a local shop that will touch a Tesla for doing customizations with electrical components. So I haven't asked about wraps or other things.

I have been told that there are likely a lot in Kansas City area, but I'd settle for places in Lawrence if there are any. Does anyone know of any good local shops they would recommend in the North East Kansas (or really anywhere in Kansas for that matter) area?

What “customizations with electrical components” are you envisioning? I know there are a few folks that have hacked into their computers to gain access to them, but I don’t think there are any vendors that sell those services because Tesla could change the software at any time and (temporarily) defeat those changes. At least for now, since Tesla hasn’t really published specs on the vehicle internals, you are mostly going to be stuck with stock in many aspects of the vehicle.

Electrical would be like adding a lighted T to the front and having a dimmer/switch put inside the vehicle. I tried this on my own - not adding a switch but adding the lighted T and trying to tie it into the lights. However it would never shut off. So small electrical additions.

Other than that, things like adding wraps to delete chrome, etc.

Electrical would be like adding a lighted T to the front and having a dimmer/switch put inside the vehicle. I tried this on my own - not adding a switch but adding the lighted T and trying to tie it into the lights. However it would never shut off. So small electrical additions.

Other than that, things like adding wraps to delete chrome, etc.
I own a shop in Overland Park that can help with wraps, chrome delete, etc. We are the official sponsor of the KC Tesla Club and can definitely help you!

Reactions: ferventcoder