Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third party garage to fix daylight running lights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the usual failed DRL on my 2018 Model S 75D.

1) Tesla are charging GBP 1200 to get it fixed. I was thinking of buying a second hand one off eBay (only a few £100) and getting a third party garage to fix it. Has anyone had experience doing so? I guess the main question would be whether any software calib is needed?

2) If so, are there any garages in London or the SW that does this?

3) Anyone know when the DRL issue got fixed so I can buy the best second hand model off Ebay?

Many thanks

I had my headlights changed a couple of months ago on my late 2018 S. Ranger visit and very quick. All he seemed to do was full beam them against garage door and stick 2 bits of tape on the bright spot and fit the new ones to match. I didn't spot any computer work. Obviously can't promise.
Remember the old days when it was a cheap bulb?

I had my headlights changed a couple of months ago on my late 2018 S. Ranger visit and very quick. All he seemed to do was full beam them against garage door and stick 2 bits of tape on the bright spot and fit the new ones to match. I didn't spot any computer work. Obviously can't promise.
Remember the old days when it was a cheap bulb?
Isn't there some process to register them with Tesla and the car computer before they will actually work on the car? I thought that was the issue the thread was addressing.