Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third Party purchase - supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I am picking up my first ever EV this week, a 2014 Model S P85+. I’m very excited to be getting this car but am a little worried about the trip back! I live about 250 miles from the garage I’m collecting it from and the car may not be registered with Tesla by the time I pick it up. The question is, will I be able to use a supercharger on my way home or will the car need to be registered in my name with Tesla before I can do this?

I just need to be sure I can get home! Range anxiety on trip 1 would not be a good start to EV life!

thanks.

Hi all,

I am picking up my first ever EV this week, a 2014 Model S P85+. I’m very excited to be getting this car but am a little worried about the trip back! I live about 250 miles from the garage I’m collecting it from and the car may not be registered with Tesla by the time I pick it up. The question is, will I be able to use a supercharger on my way home or will the car need to be registered in my name with Tesla before I can do this?

I just need to be sure I can get home! Range anxiety on trip 1 would not be a good start to EV life!

thanks.
The unlimited supercharging stays with the car, so you should be good. I just sold my 2015 70D privately and the buyer had no problems.