Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third party services - Chicagoland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in the Western Burbs and have a X75D on order. In doing research, I thought it might he a good idea to have a thread where people can share their experiences with third party Tesla related services in the Chicagoland area.

I'm particularly interested in wrap/tint installers, as well as someone to install a 2 channel dash cam such as what Blackvue makes. But the thread could include wheel/tire installers, audio system installers, electricians, customizers, and so on.

I stopped and got some quotes from Ultimate Paint Shop II for both tint and wrap. They are on the extremely expensive end but they seem to be a premium garage. Lots of high end cars. $390 was my quote for window tint (9 windows). The wrap tint I cant remember the exact number but was about 50% higher than my first quote.

Reactions: Butka
I just had a Blackvue 900DRS 2 channel installed on my X at Street Style in St. Charles for the MSRP of the camera plus $300 in labor. They did a perfect job. Clean. Can hardly see the front camera from how I sit, and not at all in some positions that I normally sit in.

They knew how to connect it properly in the Tesla.

They took the time to ask specifics and preferences on placement. And of course showed me the setup once I went to pick up the car, as I would expect from any installer. Very happy that I just paid for the install. I was on the fence about installing it myself.