TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Third-party software modifications for Autopilot?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by dhcp, Dec 7, 2016.

1. dhcp

dhcp Member

Someone mentioned in a for sale thread that they have a Model S that has a software patch that disables the software nag for autopilot v1.

I also heard a few years ago from someone with a P85 that had a software mod done that eeked out a little more performance.

I'm not doubting that these were legit claims, I've just never heard of them before and I would think if you had a new software update come from Tesla it would overwrite these changes (or are they sticky?)

Anyone know anything about these? Judgment aside please, I'd totally want the anti-nag message as it drives me batty and I seem to get it a lot on fairly uneventful highway drives.

2. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Not sure about the P85 performance mod you mention, but the Autopilot one you mention is legit. If you search for username "wk057" here, you should find many threads. Bottom line, he is quite the software genius and he is/was able to work his magic. He was actually selling his car with the modded Autopilot software. P85D w/Ludicrous, fully loaded $99k

Also, I wouldn't call this third party as it's not for sale or available to anyone but himself. He does it for fun. :D

This is his website: wk057's SkieNET

3. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

I think @green1 has also managed to disable the excessive AP1.0 nags.

4. green1

green1 Active Member

I have. However only on 7.1, on 8.0 Tesla has blocked that. For now I'm staying on 7.1 for that reason, however I know I'll have to battle this again sometime soon as I expect Tesla to break some existing functionality of my car soon (the same reason I had to move to 7.1 despite wanting to keep the 7.0 AP experience)