Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third Party Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am starting a class action lawsuit. If you have bought a SAL or LGM warranty, you should ask for a refund, as Tesla doesn't accept any third-party warranty. My experience buying one at a dealer in Winnipeg and trying to get my Tesla fixed has been a hassle here in Langley, BC. They want me to pay 6k up front for the repairs, which is not what I was told when buying this warranty 2 years ago. I was told a $100 deductible. LGM Secure drive warranty that extends your drive system and battery from 160k to 180k is useless. Who has 20k sitting around to pay upfront and no guarantee if they will even cover the whole amount? If you have bought any of these warranties or other types, let me know below.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus
Hi, I am starting a class action lawsuit. If you have bought a SAL or LGM warranty, you should ask for a refund, as Tesla doesn't accept any third-party warranty. My experience buying one at a dealer in Winnipeg and trying to get my Tesla fixed has been a hassle here in Langley, BC. They want me to pay 6k up front for the repairs, which is not what I was told when buying this warranty 2 years ago. I was told a $100 deductible. LGM Secure drive warranty that extends your drive system and battery from 160k to 180k is useless. Who has 20k sitting around to pay upfront and no guarantee if they will even cover the whole amount? If you have bought any of these warranties or other types, let me know below.
I wish XCare was in Canada, you would have had an entirely different experience. We are not set up as a warranty, but rather as a payment service. Sorry for your experience, and I wish you well getting the compensation for your repairs.