Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third party wipers for model y

avs007

May 14, 2021
PacNW
Anyone out there suggest a 3rd party wiper blade for your Model Y? I have tried a RainX and Michelin and can't seem to make them fit....
I like the PIAA SiTech wipers. I have PIAA SuperSilicones on all my other cars. They've been way more durable and dependable than any other brand I've used. I've managed 5 years of service out of a set on one of my cars that sits outside all the time....

I didn't like the OEM Tesla blades, becuase they couldn't even last a single PacNW rainy season... The only thing I didn't like about the SiTech, was that I didn't know you couldn't replace the wiper inserts like my other PIAA blades. But it's been well over a year, and they are still going strong, after many, many rain storms.

I have posted this on many occasions. These are a direct fit without any adapters and without any type of interference. I have had these replacements on for about a year now. Have worked perfectly since day 1. Will be buying the same when time comes.
Here is the USA link to avoid any import fees:

Note: I have not tried these (yet), but I tried another brand and had trouble getting it installed.

But found these which I also have not tried (yet) but were a bit cheaper than the XTechnor's

Reactions: WyomingEV
See this link for a DIY solution. The hardest part is cutting the notch in the rubber

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC