Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third Quarter Profit!

Phlier

Bluebird
Jun 12, 2019
Utah
I’m in a bit of a hurry right now, so can’t post the novel that I’d like to right now, so the TL;DR gets posted first.

Tesla just posted a surprise profit for the third quarter. Yup, that’s good news. But of course, the bears have to spin things with half-facts. Here’s a quote from one of the large news outlets, taken from a section of the article on Tesla’s surprise profit: “(Tesla’s) US sales are down about 2% in the first half of this year, according to sales tracker Autodata.”

How is that a half fact? Sure, Tesla’s US sales are down two percent, because they are production constrained, and more vehicles were sold over seas! So while they have sold more cars in the last two quarters than in any other quarter before, rather than posting the WHOLE fact that they are producing and selling more vehicles now per quarter than they ever have before, they spin it to US sales being down 2%. The vehicles making up those two percentage points WERE sold, just not in the US.

The spin doctoring that the bears do to Tesla (and a lot of other companies) just makes me sick.

• Informative
Reactions: morrisdl

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC