Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third row seats will not go up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my third row seats down for a month. I went to raise them and they would not go up. I press the button and can hear gears move, but the seat remains locked down. Any ideas? Tesla says they will send a tech out.

The rear seats have had some (but not many) failures in the latch mechanism. I had to have mine replaced last year for the same problem. Only on seat was stuck, but there was no way to move it. The problem was probably fixable, but would have meant removing the back cover on the seat. The complete seat assembly was replaced under warranty.

The rear seats have had some (but not many) failures in the latch mechanism. I had to have mine replaced last year for the same problem. Only on seat was stuck, but there was no way to move it. The problem was probably fixable, but would have meant removing the back cover on the seat. The complete seat assembly was replaced under warranty.
Thanks for the information. I will wait for the ranger to show up.

I have had my third row seats down for a month. I went to raise them and they would not go up. I press the button and can hear gears move, but the seat remains locked down. Any ideas? Tesla says they will send a tech out.
I had mine fail in the up position but with the same symptoms. The button would engage the motor, but the latch had failed. The entire rear seat had to be replaced. The wait for the seat was 1 month, but a Ranger did the swap in 45 min. The seat is held in place with 8 Torx bolts. Only other connections were 2 electrical connectors that have the seat sensor, seat heater, and latch wires. Very quick process.