Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third row seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at photos of the Model X prototypes, I get the impression that the two seats in the third row are tied together as a bench. That means that the owner of the car has to chose between five seats and seven. Six seats would not be an option. That would be a dissappointment to me as I found the configuration useful back when we had a Ford Galaxy. We were occasionally traveling six people and the ability to fold one of the seats in the third row was a huge benefit from a cargo carrying perspective (summer vacation in Italy with three adults and three kids, carrying stuff for three weeks by the sea).What are your views on this?

Who knows. They are being coy about the seating right now and I would not take too much of what you have seen to date as the final version. Don't most SUV/CUV with three rows have split last row seating?

My other car is a 2008 Highlander Hybrid, no split in the third row which was almost a deal breaker when I bought it since the area behind the third row is ridiculously small for storage. Later versions have the third row split.

Could be possible to fit in the 4th...
Tesla-Model-X-trunk-1024x640.jpg

Wow, look at that touchscreen...is that larger than the one on the 'S'?

Interesting, I've never seen that picture before.

One of the early prototype pics. The screen looked bigger than the original Model S one and was set higher in the center of the dash. Of course, we have zero knowledge of how it looks today and the mules all seemed to be fitted with Model S dashboards.

Realistically the Model X is not long enough to support 4 rows of seats. There is enough room behind the third row for a footwell, but nowhere to put the bench of the seat. You could possibly get away with having two jump seats located on the outer walls facing each other, but I'm not sure these would be practical or safe in an accident.