Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Can't be good... screen issues with 2019.8.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Screen went "crazy". I did a soft reset and that fixed it.

Hopefully this won't happen again, as it seemed more like a software glitch than hardware issue.
This happened to me earlier this afternoon and I had to do a 2 scroll wheel reboot. It fixed it but then I lost connectivity to the streaming. Just updated to 2019.8.4 yesterday.

• Love
Reactions: VQTRVA
I only have 400 miles on mine and I had the same thing happen today. The car just automatically rebooted itself. Kind of scary was not aware about the reboot process so I was wondering if I would lose control of the vehicle or the vehicle would just stop. The screen came back online and the screen was good. The music streaming took a while but it came back as well. I'm also having another issue with the subwoofers going out. It's happened twice in the 2 weeks that I have had the car. Scheduled an appointment for them to look at the subwoofer.

I wonder if this happened at the same time for all who experienced it?
I'm on 8.4 in Canada and happened to me on Friday the 5th around 1300PST. Car had been asleep since 2030 the day before.
After reboot I submitted a bug report "Artifacts on the screen".
I also took a picture and a video.

Initially I was excited it was the new Disco Mode.

No need to panic. The reset buttons are there for just situations like this.

I'm on about 5th month of ownership and currently 2019.8.3. The past 2-3 weeks I have had screen issues just like OP about a half dozen times, none previous to that. Twice it reset by itself after a few seconds and other times I had to do it manually. Screen was back to normal after each reset. I never panicked and have not submitted ticket to Tesla. Hoping next update will resolve this.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Experienced the same glitch issue as OP today. First time this occurred since I have had my Model 3 (July 2018). I just received a software update (2019.8.5) on Friday, so I suspect it is software-related as well, seeing as most ppl are experiencing this for the first time after the recent SW release. Did the 2-button reset and all was well afterwards.

Reactions: APotatoGod