Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This car needs a Sport mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else want something in-between full-blown Track Mode and OMG WE’RE GONNA DIE as far as stability control goes? I used to think my BMW was touchy, until this car. Taking ramps quickly often triggers the system, even though there’s nothing really intervention-worthy going on. I’ve seen others on here complain about this too, so I don’t think it’s just me.

It’d be nice to have a setting that changes to a preset preferred power split at the touch of a button, and allows some slip before bringing down the hammer. Or would Tesla want us signing a disclaimer before we turn something like this on... thus Track Mode? I know the more recent ///M cars have something like this.

Since track mode lets you increase or decrease the nanniies you can already do this by saving a track profile where you want it. THe downside is still having to put the car in park to turn it on and that it will still run the battery cooling on full blast but it should work.

We shouldn't have to do that. And the fan noise is pretty annoying. Changing the traction control to allow some play shouldn't need disclaimers etc every time.
Exactly. I don't want to have to put it in Park & sign a disclaimer every time I wanna play. Would love to simply pick "Sport" and leave it there, similar to the steering weight.

And yes, I have a P3D, but the AWD guys don't, and I'd imagine they'd find value in this also.

Exactly. I don't want to have to put it in Park & sign a disclaimer every time I wanna play. Would love to simply pick "Sport" and leave it there, similar to the steering weight.

And yes, I have a P3D, but the AWD guys don't, and I'd imagine they'd find value in this also.
sounds great - until some numpty does something stupid in a car they now can't handle and we all get penalized.
A bit like Apple getting sued because their phones allow you to play games while driving.

AWD w/ Boost here and yes please! Stability control is a killer. I'd love a twisties option that includes the sport steering and some slip allowed. I don't need full track, front to rear bias, overclocking, etc. with a waiver that I won't read anyway.

Track mode is for this. Also turn of compressor overclocking if you don't want to hear it.
Try your own advice first before posting. Turning off compressor overclock does not shut off the noisy fan.

sounds great - until some numpty does something stupid in a car they now can't handle and we all get penalized.
A bit like Apple getting sued because their phones allow you to play games while driving.
People are sleeping at the wheel with the AP on. Did it impact you yet?

This is a broader cultural problem with our overly litigious society. Porsche was also successfully sued by some widow because they sold her husband a car that was "too much to handle."

**** that - if you die doing dumb *sugar*, it's 100% your responsibility. How novel!

YES! Every other car I see has some way of toning down the nannies. I'm not asking for track mode either on my AWD, just some settings to reduce some of the traction and stability somewhat, not even completely.

My previous WRX was fun in the snow, if I pressed the traction button which would reduce nannies. I bought the AWD to have fun in snow (we have snow 5 months a year here) and I'm systematically shut down on every corner. It's the single biggest letdown of the car for me.

And I see people begging for even more stability? Please no...

This is a broader cultural problem with our overly litigious society. Porsche was also successfully sued by some widow because they sold her husband a car that was "too much to handle."

**** that - if you die doing dumb *sugar*, it's 100% your responsibility. How novel!

And as much as Tesla is in the news, for something like a screw coming loose on the tail light, could you imagine the negative press for all the crashes that started occurring by people that think they're experienced drivers just because they have a fast car?

Just like the moron that wrecked on an on-ramp in dyno mode, about 24 hours after Tesla enabled it.

I would really appreciate this. Having to put the car into park just to turn Track Mode on and select the Profile I want is rather annoying. Honestly, you could argue "Drift Mode" and Track Mode should be separated as their intended purpose is very different.

A simple button to send power to the rear wheels and turn down the traction control would be sweet.

I would really appreciate this. Having to put the car into park just to turn Track Mode on and select the Profile I want is rather annoying. Honestly, you could argue "Drift Mode" and Track Mode should be separated as their intended purpose is very different.

A simple button to send power to the rear wheels and turn down the traction control would be sweet.
Agreed - especially since the front motor isn't used except in medium/hard acceleration and traction limiting circumstances.