Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Cybertruck needs a service centre visit, are panel gaps future norm?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
panelgapcity.jpg

The year is 2022 and still no one used a spirit level.

Considering its skin is nearly as thick at the wall thickness of the tubes I used for the roll cage on my rock crawler... hitting a bush ... Nothing. Hitting a rock or a tree... depends on how hard

Still going to get scratches when something scrapes or rocks get thrown up from the tires. Someone worrying about panel gaps would likely be worried about scratches.

Personally, I think the scratches and dings are part of owning a truck. They are meant for work, having fun, etc. And scratches and dings just add to the patina of a truck.

I can't wait to see the complaints in the forums about the noise the tires make.

• Love
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Still going to get scratches when something scrapes or rocks get thrown up from the tires. Someone worrying about panel gaps would likely be worried about scratches.

Personally, I think the scratches and dings are part of owning a truck. They are meant for work, having fun, etc. And scratches and dings just add to the patina of a truck.

I can't wait to see the complaints in the forums about the noise the tires make.
I can't wait either... to be rolling down the road with that awesome whine....

• Love
Reactions: jboy210

Especially with how quiet the rest of the truck will be. I had those exact tires on my Jeep, they are pretty quiet, much quieter than the ones I have on it now, but when there is very little other noise the tires will be very noticeable.

Rocks thrown up from the tires wont have any effect on the stainless, they don't even effect my rock sliders and those are mild steel. It has taken significant contact to scratch them, and I have only been able to dent them when a tire slipped off of a rock and dropped it full force onto a rock.

Especially with how quiet the rest of the truck will be. I had those exact tires on my Jeep, they are pretty quiet, much quieter than the ones I have on it now, but when there is very little other noise the tires will be very noticeable.

Rocks thrown up from the tires wont have any effect on the stainless, they don't even effect my rock sliders and those are mild steel. It has taken significant contact to scratch them, and I have only been able to dent them when a tire slipped off of a rock and dropped it full force onto a rock.

Once you get a CyberTruck, the rock may come out on the losing end of a future such collision.;)

Reactions: LionXng

You may have had similar tires but not the exact same, unless you were doing RnD for Goodyear, they are prototypes. And the will be loud especially when worn <50% like all MT/AT tires.

SPECULATION: 35 x 12.5 x 18s I believe.
No way that is close to a 8.5” sidewall in the picture. 35’s on 18’s look like they are all tire. I had 34’s on 17’s on my 80, see the pic below to see what a 8.5” sidewall looks like. Think about it. If it was the sidewall from both sides would be about the same size as the rim. No way those are <20 and if they are 35’s I’d bet they are 22” rims (or larger) with a at most a 6.5” sidewall.
EDB9E41B-4D4B-49D5-BEC9-BA8E276725A6.jpeg