TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

This gap below the windshield

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Dommc, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Dommc

Dommc Member

After some rainy weather recently I have noticed this gap between the windshield and the plastic trim under the wipers. It's like a bulge was formed in the middle of this plastic trim. On both ends however, you will find them sitting flush with the windshield. The bulged part feels firm as I have tried to push it in but couldn't.
    File.jpg

Does anyone else have this on their model 3? I have scheduled mobile service to come and take a look but that won't happen until a couple of weeks later

2. Need

Need Active Member

Mine sits flush except for the area near the 2 wipers tips met... it does bulge up a bit there.

3. holmgang

holmgang Active Member

One half of mine is raised a consistent 1mm or so from the body. The other half pops up about 2mm at the center and tapers flush at the end.

4. GreenHokie

GreenHokie Member

I had a similar issue/gap as you. Tesla mobile service came to my house to examine and was able to simply pop that trim piece back into place by applying just a little pressure with his fingers. I felt a little silly because it was something I could have easily done myself. Sorry, I don’t recall exactly where/how he pushed the trim piece to get it back in place.

Good luck!

5. Dommc

Dommc Member

Nice to know, I did try to push that trim piece myself but I was afraid of applying too much pressure will damage the windshield. Mobile service will come over next week so I'm hoping for the best

6. Dommc

Dommc Member

Fixed, the mobile service person showed me how to push it in.
    You will need to first put the wipers into service mode, then lift the hood cover, remove the large plastic cover between the frunk and the wipers, remove another smaller plastic vent top section, then you can lift the bottom of that plastic trim that's bulging and push in on the top, The trim piece will go in without much struggle.

• Like x 1