Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This helps RWD owners feel a little better

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm the opposite - I ordered the LR and then upgraded to the performance model and still waiting for mine. Now having second thoughts of going back to RWD LR as I'm beginning to realize that no matter how fast your car is you will always get used to the speed and always want more. RWD LR is also more efficient. In the end you can't go wrong with either. Just a matter of how much disposable income you have.

The problem with that analysis is the 0-60 time of the RWD without rollout is 5.1s not 4.5s. I bet the power out the LR is the same as the P and AWD rear motor but the P has higher torque. The real advantage of the RWD is significantly longer range and lower cost. Less weight and RWD should also make it a better handling car.

Reactions: Blue in NC
I'm the opposite - I ordered the LR and then upgraded to the performance model and still waiting for mine. Now having second thoughts of going back to RWD LR as I'm beginning to realize that no matter how fast your car is you will always get used to the speed and always want more. RWD LR is also more efficient. In the end you can't go wrong with either. Just a matter of how much disposable income you have.
Insightful