Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is beyond alarming. Methane vents appearing in the Arctic water near Siberia.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think we will know much until they publish their peer reviewed paper. We will have to wait for that to conclude whether this is "oveerblow" or "underblow".

Agree. To clarify, I didn't mean to imply a statement about the research itself or even the "independent.co.uk" article. I was only reflecting on how the dot.earth blog portrayed the general situation in response to that article.

However, in addition to a peer-review article, I think, more research will be necessary. The results of this research are too specific for the area and time. In order to understand their relevance in a larger context, more information needs to be collected and analyzed. The article itself only talks about "surprise" and "fears", in a sense, when referring to a larger context. However, by themselves, it appears quite obvious that these findings raise significant concerns which are far too serious to be ignored.

I would agree with the blog piece in that other scientists need to look at these results as well, and that they need to be evaluated in a larger context, but unlike the dot.earth blog seems to try to suggest, I don't think that has happened already, and certainly not with the suggested outcome.